TRX250r.org

Author Topic: CP Industries RETAIL prices for Sphynx, Puma, Sabertooth  (Read 17399 times)

Offline rsss396

CP Industries RETAIL prices for Sphynx, Puma, Sabertooth
« on: April 20, 2014, 10:26:50 PM »
reposting this because the issues with the attachments

Anyone looking for a great builder I highly recommend the following.
For CP products dealers I would recommend:
Arlan at LED(site sponsor), Pete Schemberger at Hybrid Engineering, Mat Shearer at Shearer Custom Pipes, Dennis Packard at Packard Racing, and Nate McCoy of McCoys Peformance.

Other great builders I also would recommend: Neil Prichard, Jerry Hall, Bubba Ramsey and James Dodge.

Offline mrtwidster1

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:24:14 AM »
Just for clarification on your post.. That a plated or a  non plated cylinder can be purchased? To be candid I was surprised that the cylinder was as reasonable as it was. Thanks for posting. This changes the cost playing field in my mind. I was leaning toward the pro-x style because of cost but it looks to me (if i am understanding the pricing) like that the cpi (sphynx) is not that far of off the pricing numbers. Thanks again.

Offline rsss396

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:46:14 AM »
Yes they can be purchased as PLATED, Millennium does the coating, but the bad thing is the the ports windows are just deburred and leave room for improvement power wise. Not that they can not be still cleaned up but its very hard to cut thru the nicasil and adds allot of time to porting so allot of builders port a unfinished cylinder then send it out. The port tunnels, exhaust port and intake port also need a little fine tuning but if you own a dremel that can normally be done by the typical do it yourself guy.
Arlan at LED(site sponsor), Pete Schemberger at Hybrid Engineering, Mat Shearer at Shearer Custom Pipes, Dennis Packard at Packard Racing, and Nate McCoy of McCoys Peformance.

Other great builders I also would recommend: Neil Prichard, Jerry Hall, Bubba Ramsey and James Dodge.

Offline mrtwidster1

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »
^^^ Thanks for the explanation! This info is very useful.

Offline christph

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 11:30:49 PM »
Just so I understand this correctly, these cylinders can be purchased directly from CPI for the prices listed?  You don't need to be a merchant or engine builder?
1982 ATC 250R
1984 ATC 250R
1986 ATC 250R
1988 TRX 250R
1989 TRX 250R

Offline Pumashine

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 11:49:54 PM »
Quote from: christph;33459
Just so I understand this correctly, these cylinders can be purchased directly from CPI for the prices listed?  You don't need to be a merchant or engine builder?

No the public cannot buy from CP Industries. You have to go to a CP dealer. These are the prices CP sets for the dealer to sell them to you I believe
Puma 408, Puma 431,  Pilot 412, Puma 431, Mini-tooth 486 Trx450r
89mm  Mini tooth Shearer in frame pipe chromed! With Cascade  Q

Offline 250

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 01:54:39 AM »
Quote from: Pumashine;33461
No the public cannot buy from CP Industries. You have to go to a CP dealer. These are the prices CP sets for the dealer to sell them to you I believe
I just emailed CP last week, and they got back to me within a couple of days with prices for what I was looking for. You CAN buy directly from them.

Offline brewer_brewer

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 02:17:55 AM »
you can buy every style cylinder from them? at dealer prices or retail?

Offline rsss396

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 06:39:43 AM »
CP has sold their products in the past directly but do not normally want to this simply because of all the questions from people and the small staff they have.
You are going to pay full price so why not contact a CP Dealer like LED who also sponsors this site, doing this will open the door to a wealth of information from years of racing not available directly from CP.

Offline Pumashine

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »
Quote from: brewer_brewer;33469
you can buy every style cylinder from them? at dealer prices or retail?
I have heard from my builder that there is not much difference in the dealer price verses retail. And shipping is still a constant.

Every cylinder is not available. The small puma's and saber's were never made. I waited 3 years for a baby saber and had to have my own made.

Offline rsss396

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 11:36:51 AM »
I highly recommed a builder sell you and setup most of these cylinders, I just finished up a drag sphynx and let me tell you there is allot work needs to be done on the ports for a 78mm bore.
Since the ports all have a upward angle entering the cylinder they move allot when you bore them 10mm from the smallest size Spynx size of 68mm.

Offline udontknowme

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 05:47:34 PM »
cp site is no longer. what happened ?
to much power is almost enough

Offline jadleybray

Offline Pumashine

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 06:39:32 PM »
Quote from: udontknowme;36043
cp site is no longer. what happened ?
They must have been updating the website.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38