TRX250r.org

Author Topic: TT Tracks in NY or northeast?  (Read 9487 times)

Offline mkp250r

TT Tracks in NY or northeast?
« on: March 08, 2015, 08:38:52 PM »
Im just getting back into quads, been away racing shifter karts, and formula cars. I have never raced quads and always been interested in TT or Flat track racing.

Where are some tracks i can check out in the NY area?

Any websites that show different classes and rules? Maybe I'm not googling well!

I have a Stock 87  250r

Offline C-Leigh Racing

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 03:48:49 PM »
Here you go, check out
New East Extreme Dirt Track Series, they are out of NY. That series was North East EDT, but changed the name last year.
Wife & me operate the East Coast EDT here in North Carolina & some of the tracks we run on, the New east are scheduled to run on them as well. Both of these series have a site on FB.
Neil
C-Leigh Racing, in memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
Race team for 2015
Chuckie Creech #25 TRX450R, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited
Andrea Creech # 25 TRX450R, Womens (National ATVA EDT)
Andrea Creech #33 TRX350R, Womens (local EDT)

If it aint got a hot weed eater 2 stroke engine, all its good for is a pit bike

Offline ccaiazza

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »
Check out Electric City Riders.com for flat track,don't know where in New York you live.But its close to Albany

Offline mkp250r

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:46:13 PM »
Thanks guys something i want to look into.

Offline FerrinMotorsports

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 04:57:46 PM »
Hit me up if your are looking for Flattrack/TT parts......I have everything you will need........

Offline mkp250r

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 05:17:22 PM »
I'm about 2 hours south of albany….. thats not bad at all…. i drive half way around the country racing my cars

Offline mkp250r

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 05:18:04 PM »
Quote from: FerrinMotorsports;51409
Hit me up if your are looking for Flattrack/TT parts......I have everything you will need........

thanks ill keep that in mind.

Offline FerrinMotorsports

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 05:59:23 PM »
Also my son currently lives at FT Drum NY and is also looking for tracks to race at....I am shipping his JP 250r to him at the beginning of next month if he doesn't ship out to Iraq....He has raced flat track since hi was 4 years old (He's now 28) and could give you some help with set ups if you are close enough.....

Offline mkp250r

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »
Quote from: FerrinMotorsports;51420
Also my son currently lives at FT Drum NY and is also looking for tracks to race at....I am shipping his JP 250r to him at the beginning of next month if he doesn't ship out to Iraq....He has raced flat track since hi was 4 years old (He's now 28) and could give you some help with set ups if you are close enough.....

Thats great thanks man, i busted turned 27 so we are close in age. i really would like to do TT bc its more like road racing as opposed to running on a oval.but regardless both seem fun

Offline C-Leigh Racing

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 04:54:30 PM »
I can tell you this, when you run on some good Red Clay down here in the south, OHHH you are gona be so messed up. Aint no other dirt better you can race flat track or TT on than red clay. Theres some close to the feel, but thats just it, close.

I've had, I guess you would say, the misfortune of growing up on real tacky red clay tracks, so I'm messed up every where else I go if its not red.
I can leave my house & go in any direction, any road & be at some type of race track in less than 25~50 miles.

Oh, did you check out the New East site, they are going to have a great season this year.
Neil
Race team for 2015

Offline mkp250r

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 05:36:14 PM »
Quote from: C-Leigh Racing;51515
I can tell you this, when you run on some good Red Clay down here in the south, OHHH you are gona be so messed up. Aint no other dirt better you can race flat track or TT on than red clay. Theres some close to the feel, but thats just it, close.

I've had, I guess you would say, the misfortune of growing up on real tacky red clay tracks, so I'm messed up every where else I go if its not red.
I can leave my house & go in any direction, any road & be at some type of race track in less than 25~50 miles.

Oh, did you check out the New East site, they are going to have a great season this year.
Neil

Yea i check out the websites and looks very interesting…. I just don't understand the classes, i have a pretty much bone stock 250r and I'm a novice, what class would i be put into.

I have a fairly large SCCA race schedule this year for my cars but i would love to make it out to one of these races to really see what its about.

Offline C-Leigh Racing

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 01:25:58 PM »
Now, I'm not 100% sure on the classes with the New East series, I think they are same as the east coast, but in our East Coast series, we pretty much follow the layout of the classes for the AMA/ATVA EDT.
AMA wise, any class you see that has "production" in the listing of the class, that means only a quad produced & sold today can be used in that class.
For the most part, we have changed the classes in the AMA series & only class that is production is the top Pro class, so that leaves open a bunch of classes.
East Coast EDT, I'll need to go back & be sure, but you could run any age restricted class, providing your over that age & probably an A, B or C class. Now if your R was a big bore, you could run it in an Open class & probably still could even being stock if you wanted to, but thats up to you.

I'll say this much, if you was to be able to be at our East Coast event, I'll make sure your in a class or at least 3 classes if you want run that many. You'll not be turned away thats for sure, not with me there. Those days are over at any races I have anything to do with, 2 strokes been kicked to the side way to long & thats over.
Maybe I should re-state that, that is until they turn my toes up & throw dirt on me, until then I'll be 2 stroke all the way.
Neil
Race team for 2015

Offline Iceracer

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 09:18:03 PM »
Orang county fair runs a flat track race every year. Track in cuddeback Oakland valley speedway

Offline dp250r

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 05:46:47 PM »
Paradise speedway is in Geneva NY I race my three wheeler there. I live about 5-6 miles from Fort Drum and about an hour from Albany.I wont to try tt on a quad .Id like to find other TT tracks to race on.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38