TRX250r.org

Author Topic: NEATV-MX Southwick MA race...  (Read 6638 times)

Offline 250rchris420

NEATV-MX Southwick MA race...
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 02:32:55 PM »
Quote from: Lasher 19;67731
For atv racing in New England, the largest organization is NEATV-MX. They have a website (http://www.neatv-mx.com/) and a facebook page. While races used to all be within "new england" states, they have branched out to a few in NY and PA. The good thing about NEATV-MX is they have practice on Saturday for the track you are racing on Sunday. Turning the MX race into a weekend event. They also have SxS racing and XC at some select tracks. But overall, the races are fun time and the people at the track are nice and friendly bunch. So hanging out on Saturday night is usually fun. Some tracks have events (firework in PA) in the evening but there is always a campfire or something to do.

There is a practice track in Rocky Hill CT (south of hartford) that allows quad on certain Mondays during the summer. (http://www.ctmotocross.com/) this is on the flood plains of the CT river, so the dirty is very fine. But the track is run by Tony Larusso (older MX pro). Not bad but a place to legally ride.
I did check that out seems this will be the last year for rocky hill?? I'm going to first goto mx101. I live at the drag strip (haha) and never knew there was a MX trCk next door. Talked to the guys there and they said 2 strokes are cool and quads are always accepted. So I'll go rip around there for a couple weekends before I join neatv-mx. Thanks alot!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Lasher 19

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 03:31:39 PM »
I know a lot of the history for Rocky Hill, I was one of the people that fought with owner to allow quads back around 2000 and even had a "quad only" track. The land owner "leased" the land to Tony to run. The owner is actually grandfathered in and followed the correct steps to get the track approved. THis is why it was limited in track size/dirt. The permits that prevented the town from shutting him down also limited size of track parcel and he could not bring in any dirt. But Tony recently brought the old Jolly Roger track in NH. So hearing Rocky Hill will close...I believe it. The owner wanted nothing to do with it anymore and Tony saved it back then. But I hated the silt (floods in spring from CT river)...it was like baby powder.

MX101 is a nice track. NEATV-MX went there a few years ago. The track was fun, smaller but had nice rolling type jumps so safe track (especially for my old ass). I really liked the circle track down the road. We went to practice on Sat, eat dinner in town and watched the locals battle it out on the track in beater cars. I am not sure why NEATV-MX does not go back there anymore.

Here are the tracks on this years schedule...

Englishtown NJ. - Yeah it is famous track in a motosports complex. I had a really bad experience with the place (find place to pit, workers telling me different things etc) and the track was just ok for me. I can see how bikes like it. But also the drive from CT sucks with all the tolls, when you have trailer.

Southwick - not much to say. I love the track and hate the track, but will go when I can. :) Plus 45 mins from my house.

Hurrince Hills PA - decent track...but prize is you get to meet Joe :). This place is not bad. Track was fun and the guy does pro style fireworks on Sat night.

Jolly Roger NH - Been racing this track since 2000. At times (way back) it was a lot of fun. Then the owner (Marco) had trouble with EPA or something and got old and it went down hill. Now it is under new ownership so hopefully (like Southwick) the track returns to its former glory. (1.5 miles long with about 20 jumps) I hoped to hit this track later in season.

Twister Valley Sports in NY - never been but I have always heard bad things about the track. I think the owner keep trying to improve the track but I keep hearing things about "safe" that steer me away.

Broome Tioga NY - I want to go because I hear it is a famous track and never been. I am not sure if the quad or my schedule will allow.

Royal Mountain - Never been and don't know much about it. I think it was a nice track with a huge start. Maybe 2 stroke heaven?

The one track in New England that impressed me was in Maine. A place called Hemonds. I forgot the town. But this track was going to be a stop on the Quad nationals when there was a rival series being created but fell through years ago. NEATV-MX used to make the stop there and wow. You are pitting in a beautiful field of grass, rolling hills, white horse type fence everywhere. And the track was awesome. Long, safe, fun. The only downfall was the 5 hour drive. But I would make that trip again.

Offline 250rchris420

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 04:46:48 PM »
Quote from: Lasher 19;67740
I know a lot of the history for Rocky Hill, I was one of the people that fought with owner to allow quads back around 2000 and even had a "quad only" track. The land owner "leased" the land to Tony to run. The owner is actually grandfathered in and followed the correct steps to get the track approved. THis is why it was limited in track size/dirt. The permits that prevented the town from shutting him down also limited size of track parcel and he could not bring in any dirt. But Tony recently brought the old Jolly Roger track in NH. So hearing Rocky Hill will close...I believe it. The owner wanted nothing to do with it anymore and Tony saved it back then. But I hated the silt (floods in spring from CT river)...it was like baby powder.

MX101 is a nice track. NEATV-MX went there a few years ago. The track was fun, smaller but had nice rolling type jumps so safe track (especially for my old ass). I really liked the circle track down the road. We went to practice on Sat, eat dinner in town and watched the locals battle it out on the track in beater cars. I am not sure why NEATV-MX does not go back there anymore.

Here are the tracks on this years schedule...

Englishtown NJ. - Yeah it is famous track in a motosports complex. I had a really bad experience with the place (find place to pit, workers telling me different things etc) and the track was just ok for me. I can see how bikes like it. But also the drive from CT sucks with all the tolls, when you have trailer.

Southwick - not much to say. I love the track and hate the track, but will go when I can. :) Plus 45 mins from my house.

Hurrince Hills PA - decent track...but prize is you get to meet Joe :). This place is not bad. Track was fun and the guy does pro style fireworks on Sat night.

Jolly Roger NH - Been racing this track since 2000. At times (way back) it was a lot of fun. Then the owner (Marco) had trouble with EPA or something and got old and it went down hill. Now it is under new ownership so hopefully (like Southwick) the track returns to its former glory. (1.5 miles long with about 20 jumps) I hoped to hit this track later in season.

Twister Valley Sports in NY - never been but I have always heard bad things about the track. I think the owner keep trying to improve the track but I keep hearing things about "safe" that steer me away.

Broome Tioga NY - I want to go because I hear it is a famous track and never been. I am not sure if the quad or my schedule will allow.

Royal Mountain - Never been and don't know much about it. I think it was a nice track with a huge start. Maybe 2 stroke heaven?

The one track in New England that impressed me was in Maine. A place called Hemonds. I forgot the town. But this track was going to be a stop on the Quad nationals when there was a rival series being created but fell through years ago. NEATV-MX used to make the stop there and wow. You are pitting in a beautiful field of grass, rolling hills, white horse type fence everywhere. And the track was awesome. Long, safe, fun. The only downfall was the 5 hour drive. But I would make that trip again.
Man 5hrs seems worth it to me I am on vacation next week and want to just hit a few tracks. Mx101 is going to be shutdown next Saturday for the nationals. Circle track where?! I want to do that also but knew of 0 tracks that ATVs could do it on. I am trying to get in touch with someone from crowhill to see if they allow 2 stroke ATVs that is really the first one I want to goto. I have family in Maine so crashing out for a night isn't a issue I'll look that one up in Maine now.  Hemonds is 3hours from me just emailed em to see if they have practice on the dates I'm looking to go.

88 250r, Trinity 2 port, fmf fatty,fat boy2 , Easton bars, axis shocks, OEM uncut plastics

Offline Lasher 19

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 05:54:13 PM »
The circle track was for cars...not quads. Sorry to get hopes up. I know jolly Roger used to have a circle track for atvs. Not sure if still there.

Offline 250rchris420

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 06:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Lasher 19;67792
The circle track was for cars...not quads. Sorry to get hopes up. I know jolly Roger used to have a circle track for atvs. Not sure if still there.
Ya seems to still be there. Well they are the only track I've found with ATv practice on June 4th so that is where I'll be for the day if anyone else wants to join.

88 250r, Trinity 2 port, fmf fatty,fat boy2 , Easton bars, axis shocks, OEM uncut plastics

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38