TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Checking in from Auburn WA!  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Goose

Checking in from Auburn WA!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 01:35:56 AM »
I'm in eatonville not too far from you in auburn. I agree with these fellas alot of info on here and seem to be pretty good guys. Im more of a lurker than poster.

Offline kjohnsiii

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 01:43:41 AM »
https://vimeo.com/202161296
Put a new "Jd" ported standard bore top end on today!

Offline broken1

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 03:15:54 AM »
Quote from: kjohnsiii;71661
https://vimeo.com/202161296
Put a new "Jd" ported standard bore top end on today!

When you say new do you mean that Jim Dunken actually ported a cylinder for you recently? If he did I'd like his number please. I want to build a 280 like Vince had in his ghost bike.
overkill is an often underrated achievement

Offline kjohnsiii

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »
So the cylinder came from a friend and he didn't know what the "Jd" engraving meant.  So we don't know much about it other than it's been ported.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline broken1

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 11:25:15 PM »
Gotcha. JD is Jim Dunken, an engine builder from the portland area but he closed up shop in the late 90's early 00's I think. Arguably he built some of the fastest bikes on the west coast in the early mid 90's. Mostly banshee's but he also built some wicked R's. I have a 66.5 JD cylinder I want to try out someday. Let me know how you like it.
overkill is an often underrated achievement

Offline kjohnsiii

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 11:37:28 PM »
That's good to know the history on it, thanks.  
So far I'm taking it easy but I can tell it has a bigger hit than the stock cylinder!  Right now I have a fmf sst pipe that is getting replaced with a lrd standard bore pipe in a couple weeks.  I'm hoping that it's a better pipe and then I can do some tuning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk