TRX250r.org

Author Topic: site feature not working  (Read 1749 times)

Offline atvmxr

Re: site feature not working
« on: February 14, 2018, 03:04:59 PM »
um, im on firefox.  Not
Bunch of race quads that run on premix

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:37:10 PM »
um, im on firefox.  Not

Firefox from a PC or Mac or device? 

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:42:35 PM »
For those that don't see any posts when they click "Show unread posts since last visit" - what happens when you click the link on that page titled "No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics."  <-- Note that only the underlined portion is clickable.  This should take you to a FULL list of forum topics sorted by last reply. 

Offline Burns363R

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 10:24:02 AM »
Hey Show Unread posts since last visit is working.  On both chrome and firefox.  Wahoo Way to go havinnoj
TRX 363R 02- Laeger Narrow Frame/CR500 Link, Motowoz Suspension, Roll Design +4 LT Arms,RPM Dominator +4 axle, LED 363 MX, LED 350G Pipe, 38 A/S CR Ignition

TRX 363R 86- Stock frame(gusseted),KOQ-No Link Swinger, JD MGC LT Arms) Motowoz Shocks, LED 370/350D pipe, 38 A/S Carb, CR Ignition

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 11:46:06 AM »
Hey Show Unread posts since last visit is working.  On both chrome and firefox.  Wahoo Way to go havinnoj

I'd love to take credit for this but nothing has been changed here.  So while I like hearing this, I'll have to look into this more lol.

Offline Burns363R

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »
Not working again.  This post did not show up.   It showed no new posts.
TRX 363R 02- Laeger Narrow Frame/CR500 Link, Motowoz Suspension, Roll Design +4 LT Arms,RPM Dominator +4 axle, LED 363 MX, LED 350G Pipe, 38 A/S CR Ignition

TRX 363R 86- Stock frame(gusseted),KOQ-No Link Swinger, JD MGC LT Arms) Motowoz Shocks, LED 370/350D pipe, 38 A/S Carb, CR Ignition

Offline atvmxr

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 05:15:14 PM »
Seems to work on my phone, not on pc with Firefox

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 05:36:52 PM »
Not working again.  This post did not show up.   It showed no new posts.

Ok good (from the troubleshooting perspective).  Might be specific to Modzilla Firefox.  Iím going to explore adding a link that shows all posts by most recent post date. 

Offline Tbone07

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »
Both links are working for me on both browsers...at the moment

Win7
Chrome Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) (32-bit)
Firefox 52.6.0

IMO.....the "show unread posts since last visit" and " Show new replies to your posts should be changed to one link. Something like "Show Active Topics", with the active topics listed in order of their most recent update.
LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »

Win7
Firefox 52.6.0

IMO.....the "show unread posts since last visit" and " Show new replies to your posts should be changed to one link. Something like "Show Active Topics", with the active topics listed in order of their most recent update.

I'm in agreement to an extent - trying to get the "show unread posts" to show active topics.  "Show new replies" will stay the same so users can easily see threads they have created and any new replies.  You'd think this would be easy to change. Been playing with a couple of options but nothing that I want to implement, @Burns363R - hopefully soon. 

Offline Tbone07

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 03:26:05 PM »

Win7
Firefox 52.6.0

I'm in agreement to an extent - trying to get the "show unread posts" to show active topics.  "Show new replies" will stay the same so users can easily see threads they have created and any new replies.  You'd think this would be easy to change. Been playing with a couple of options but nothing that I want to implement, @Burns363R - hopefully soon.

Sounds good. Let me know if you need any help troubleshooting/testing
LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline atvmxr

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 09:53:02 AM »
the alternate "click here for posts" when nothing comes up for unread posts, clearly does not have all the unread post in it.  I guess I will use my phone for new threads instead of the PC

Offline Burns363R

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 09:54:47 AM »
Its working on my home computer, but not at work.   It does occasionally work at work though.

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 01:44:52 PM »
Its working on my home computer, but not at work.   It does occasionally work at work though.

Hmmm.  I'm stating the obvious but the "show unread posts since last visit" doesn't just show unread posts - it shows only the unread posts since your last visit.  I'm wondering if that may be part of the reason why you mention it occasionally works.  In the interim I'm looking at how to add another web link that just shows all active topics, sorted by last reply. 

Offline F-Red

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 01:49:57 PM »
Love the idea of Active Topics. Log out and return, there still visable. It works great on other forums.
LONG LIVE THE "R\'s"