TRX250r.org

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Projects / Re: My new son's R
« Last post by hickwheeler on June 20, 2018, 08:50:52 PM »
Progress is looking good
Lounge / Re: Helmets, what did you have??
« Last post by sameltoe on June 19, 2018, 09:19:13 AM »
Thanks Josh
Sprocket gaurd is one that Glann sells.
For Sale - Parts / Nos 89 fenders
« Last post by Anthony0327 on June 18, 2018, 12:24:48 PM »
For Sale are a New NOS Set of 89 Shasta White Honda Trx250r front & rear fenders. Sale is for both front fenders and rear fender. RED OEM HOOD AND FRONT FENDER DECALS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN SALE! ALSO, WHITE 89 HEADLIGHT HOOD IS NOT INCLUDED IN SALE EITHER. Fenders have never been mounted or used and have been stored in doors since I purchased them years ago. Fenders will not come in original Honda boxes, only the original oem bags. When I purchased them I did not receive them in the boxes. Also, the decal in the picture was never applied to fenders only held in place with painters tape to see how it would look then removed immediately. Fenders are in perfect condition as they would have came years ago from Honda. If you have any questions feel Free to message me and I will answer any question. Please know what you are buying as I do not except returns. Fenders will be shipped by way of fedex with insurance and signature verification of receipt.

2600 sent as gift or cover the PayPal fees plus shipping. Local pickup is also welcome.
Projects / Re: OJís Buy Once Cry Once Build Thread
« Last post by havinnoj on June 18, 2018, 11:06:37 AM »
Why did you take the cascade silencer off

I plan to, just not finished yet - stinger needs to be fully welded up and then chromed. 
Projects / Re: The Dream Build
« Last post by Anthony0327 on June 18, 2018, 05:02:49 AM »
Nice, how does the subframe fit?

Subframe fits perfect as it should. There where only a few small things that needed tweaking with this frame especially considering it is the first one ever made. . I couldnít be happier how it turned out. Everything fits nice and tight as it should. This frame also uses a thicker wall tubing then was used on the Laeger, lone stars and any other of the frames that were produced and still only weighs in at 33 pounds. Isf did an amazing job on this frame. Few small things were added such as the Cr coil mount and the screw on holder for the rear brake lever. Isf also addressed the vertical bends at the exhaust port for the pipe to fit. Now the exhaust clears the frame with ease. Itís no wonder this wasnít thought of yeas ago instead of having to wrestle with a tight fit.
Lounge / Re: Point of Purchase or compentent Vendors ????????
« Last post by wilkin250r on June 16, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »
I like one of my local shops, just because the guy at the counter is super knowledgeable, I like to pick his brain any chance I can get.  I know his prices are going to be higher than ordering online, and I'm willing to pay it.

As for ordering online, I love Rocky Mountain.  Prices are good, they usually have what I need in stock, and because they have a warehouse fairly close, standard shipping usually arrives next day.  I have occasionally gone to Partzilla, but mostly for streetbike stuff.

I could be wrong, but I get the impression Partzilla isn't really a "shop", but more like a collective network of retailers willing to load their inventory into a database, and sell at certain prices.  Customer service might be centralized, but I don't think their inventory is.
Wanted / Re: Parts for my son's R
« Last post by The norm on June 10, 2018, 05:00:08 PM »
I couldn't wait so I over paid for one on Ebay.
Wanted / Re: WTB: Hardkor Front Hubs Red
« Last post by havinnoj on June 06, 2018, 06:08:00 PM »
Could just get whatever color you can find & get them re-anodized red. That might help with availability.

Good point. I'm not set on them, mainly wanted to try a set on this build if possible.
Duner / Re: 2018 Winchester 250r meet
« Last post by The norm on June 05, 2018, 10:53:29 PM »
You are to much of a perfectionist for my wallet lol
Body and Controls / Re: Heat shielding/tape
« Last post by wilkin250r on June 01, 2018, 07:10:35 PM »
the material i mentioned earlier, works very well.  i use it where a pipe is very close to the radiator.  there was no peeling of the material at all. 
And maybe my information is just skewed. 

It seems like many of the quads I've seen with fiber-reinforced heat shields were peeling, but the solid aluminum was still in good shape.  But these were also quads from the early 2000s.  It's entirely possible the fiber-reinforced tape held strong for over 10 years, that would certainly be plenty enough lifespan for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10