TRX250r.org

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Carburetor, Intake, and Exhaust / Re: Jet advice
« Last post by The norm on Today at 09:05:50 PM »
Your right Kevin, I should stop telling people you ride like a girl. Your secret is safe with me hahahahahaha
« Last post by broken1 on Today at 08:46:47 PM »
Hey what about me? I wanna go too!

Your only invited if you stop telling people I ride like a girl.
Pics and Vids / Re: Cool Pics/Videos Thread
« Last post by Sand_Blaster on Today at 08:00:30 PM »
Here's a cool picture. I got my dream plastic, this set is not perfect, but I couldn't afford a full on 88 250r. Rear plastic I just bought for $50. It will get cleaned up and hopefully this set of plastic can be salvaged. Now I have my 87 original and another 86 plastic with graphics kit.
« Last post by The norm on Today at 07:29:25 PM »
Hey what about me? I wanna go too!
Engine and Bottom End / Help me identify this engine builder
« Last post by The norm on Today at 07:24:50 PM »
A buddy just bought an 86 ATC250R for $500. It has a marking on the cylinder and I would like to find out who made it. The bike was originally bought in Oregon and the 2nd owner moved it to California. Thanks second owner is who my buddy bought it from. He said he bought it in Portland in the 90's and he never touched the motor. Any help is appreciated, Loren
« Last post by Sand_Blaster on Today at 05:38:56 PM »
Thanks norm. We're running basically the same set up jet wise then. What is your air screw set at then? I don't remember what mine is at . Maybe like 2 or 3 turns.
Thanks Broken.
I am hoping to take my quad out to my in-laws here soon and play around with a few settings, to get a idea what it's wanting. Keep me updated on yours and we can meet up.
« Last post by broken1 on Today at 01:20:21 PM »
I'm waiting on a cylinder to get back from boring & will be going to Sandlake to get it dialed in once it's back together. I have a bunch of Keihin main's from 170 to 205 & pilots from 45 to 65. If you want to meet up there your welcome to use my jets to figure out what you need.
« Last post by The norm on Today at 12:05:37 PM »
I ride mine at the Oregon dunes so we are in the same elevation range. I am not great with needle sizes so I'm not much help. I usually just adjust the needle that I have. Is this the R you are going to ride at the Winchester meet up? I bet you could find a few helpful guys there.
Projects / Re: My rescued 86 TRX250R build
« Last post by broken1 on Today at 12:48:44 AM »
As with most things you usually get what you pay for so my money would be on JD arm's or maybe try to find a used set of Laeger arms.
Projects / Re: My rescued 86 TRX250R build
« Last post by nick20555 on June 23, 2017, 10:07:58 PM »
Good to see your reviving the R. It's really sad how people really abuse these quads and trash them. For the suspension arms, if you want quality, JD would be the way to go. I have Alba aarms on my banshee, they are decent but lack quality I'd get with higher end companies.

I think I've decided against the albas. Now its between the ASR and JD. Its a matter of are the JD worth spending that much more for.
Another good option is Tyler at Metaltech or Fireball or Stellar

Don't give me more options. It's already hard enough to decide between those two lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10