TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Thanks Eddie (ESR)  (Read 3632 times)

Offline BJR88250r

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« on: August 23, 2013, 09:22:59 PM »
Just thought I'd give an update on my cylinder issues I posted about alil while back. Some posts were deleted but some are still there. Last week Eddie owner of ESR called me personally and we talked about the situation I had. I won't go into details here but Eddie was a very nice guy and really does look put for his customers. He's was all about making me happy and finding out why I wasn't happy with his product. We hashed that misunderstanding out and Eddie was great to talk to. I can't say that enough. He hooked me up with a brand new 310 P.V. Cylinder kit for all my issues with the previous cylinder which was non P.V. So he upgraded me to a pt. Which was great. I can't say thanks to him enough we had a nice conversation and he told me this Monday he would send me out a kit and it was at my door shortly there after just like he said. That's great customer service. My issue with ESR has been removed for lack of better words(Tom).After talking with Eddie directly I will continue to do business with him def an honest guy that does care. Thanks again Eddie. Just wanted to tell everyone about my experience.

Offline 05450r

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 09:36:43 PM »
That right there is great customer service,hats off to Esr for not only standing by their product but asking why BJR wasnt happy! Feedback and talking with the customers insures maintaing and continually improving top notch products!
04 450r XC
LNP Like New Parts Powder Coating

Offline HAYESTRX250R

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »
And he has brought us cases.  Cases man, cases!

Offline fearlessfred

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 10:49:49 PM »
glad to here this.kudos to eddie and congats to bjr

Offline The Phantom

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
Well I hope they take care of me when I call on Monday.  I need 6 more head studs for my brand new 350pv because the 22 ft lbs. they recommend is too much for an 8 mm stud.  broke one and stretched another before it got to 22lbs.  Brand new torque wrench used.  Im finding 18 #s is the number im looking for.   Not a good recomendation from the manufacturer IMO.
1988 TRX ESR 350 PV +4 STROKER (363)RACE DOME* ESR TRX9 PORT AND TRX5B PIPE & SILENCER*38mm Smartcarb*V-FORCE 3 REEDS*CR500/400EX CLUTCH MOD*ESR BILLET KICKSTARTER,SHIFTER,BRAKE LEVER, TEMP GAUGE*GPI RADIATOR & HOSES*LSR +2 A-ARMS*LSR STEERING STEM & CLAMP*LSR CARRIER & AXCALIBER AXLE*ITP SS112 RIMS WRAPPED WITH RAZR 2\'S*TRIPLE RATE WORKS FRONT SHOCKS W/REZ*AC RACING NERFS*DG FRONT BUMPER*LED TAILLIGHT

Offline fearlessfred

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:06:48 PM »
inch pounds or ft pounds

Offline The Phantom

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:16:30 PM »
Quote from: fearlessfred;9860
inch pounds or ft pounds

Ft pounds.   22 inch pounds would be less than 2 ft lbs.    ex. 12 inch pounds in 1 ft lbs.
1988 TRX ESR 350 PV +4 STROKER (363)RACE DOME* ESR TRX9 PORT AND TRX5B PIPE & SILENCER*38mm Smartcarb*V-FORCE 3 REEDS*CR500/400EX CLUTCH MOD*ESR BILLET KICKSTARTER,SHIFTER,BRAKE LEVER, TEMP GAUGE*GPI RADIATOR & HOSES*LSR +2 A-ARMS*LSR STEERING STEM & CLAMP*LSR CARRIER & AXCALIBER AXLE*ITP SS112 RIMS WRAPPED WITH RAZR 2\'S*TRIPLE RATE WORKS FRONT SHOCKS W/REZ*AC RACING NERFS*DG FRONT BUMPER*LED TAILLIGHT

Offline 363 stroker

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 11:24:06 PM »
I would check you new torque wrench.  22lbs is about as tight as you can get it left handed with a normal wrench.
LSR 363 R
Laeger 250 R

Offline fearlessfred

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 11:37:07 PM »
I think its suppose to be 17 to 21 footpounds. I v\have allways used a wrench and never a torque wrench . not suggesting anybody do that ,but I have never had leaks or broken studs

Offline pantera1975

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 08:35:03 AM »
I agree. ESR has good products bad customer service in the past. To bad it was like that. I had a ordeal too and Eddie eventually made it right. Glad you got set up too.

Quote from: BJR88250r;9761
Just thought I'd give an update on my cylinder issues I posted about alil while back. Some posts were deleted but some are still there. Last week Eddie owner of ESR called me personally and we talked about the situation I had. I won't go into details here but Eddie was a very nice guy and really does look put for his customers. He's was all about making me happy and finding out why I wasn't happy with his product. We hashed that misunderstanding out and Eddie was great to talk to. I can't say that enough. He hooked me up with a brand new 310 P.V. Cylinder kit for all my issues with the previous cylinder which was non P.V. So he upgraded me to a pt. Which was great. I can't say thanks to him enough we had a nice conversation and he told me this Monday he would send me out a kit and it was at my door shortly there after just like he said. That's great customer service. My issue with ESR has been removed for lack of better words(Tom).After talking with Eddie directly I will continue to do business with him def an honest guy that does care. Thanks again Eddie. Just wanted to tell everyone about my experience.

Offline jamieg45

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 12:41:58 PM »
Man all this positive feedback about esr is great, and I never use a torque wrench to do my bead nuts. Just a wrench is allyou will ever need, same goes for the base nuts too. You would be surprised how much ft lbs you actually do on your own and youdon't need a torque wrench.t
01 Lsr 250r
00 Walsh 250r

Offline The Phantom

Thanks Eddie (ESR)
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »
Quote from: 363 stroker;9865
I would check you new torque wrench.  22lbs is about as tight as you can get it left handed with a normal wrench.

Torque wrench is fine.  My builder told me that 22 was too much.  But I didnt want any problems and thought the manufacturer would know best what torque it should be at.  I wont follow their recomendations again.  I like the products but the only knowledge there doesnt talk to the customers. Or at least since Tom left.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38