TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Laeger CRF  (Read 37441 times)

Offline CADWELL

Laeger flip top/CRF450 rebuild
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
Quote from: 05450r;13067
Now Im not sure who can answer this question but I have heard that Ltr bolts can be cut down and welded to work,which doesnt sound like a good idea. Houser uses yfz450 or Banshee swingarm bearings with wr/yz400dust caps and thrust bearings and yz 426 collars,and their own special made swingarms bolt ($85.79!!). I have the part numbers if you need them but honestly it would be a crap shoot...lol   Not sure if Chopp124 is on here on not,hes on the other sites,but you may try talking to him,I have his number if you need it. Good guy and knows quit a bit about hybrid special parts

Oh damn...it sounds complicated lol..

I guess what I could do is find a misc suspension nut from my Japanese ATV scrap nut and bolt bin and weld it to the end of the CRF pivot bolt...but the bearings are still in question. I wonder if Walsh may have a kit from their version of the CR500 CRF hybrid....

or I may have to get a hold of this chopp fellow and see what he says...

Offline 05450r

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »
I would imagine Laeger did it simpler,lol. Now even more confusing,I had a Lrd aluminum crf made for Ballance Bros.,the alum was so thick I have NO CLUE what would've worked for that,it had a Laeger swingarm(400ex). Another option would be to contact JB Racing,they did alot of their own frames and 400ex conversions. Orrrrrrr I know for a fact that a few members on here and Atvriders can contact Mark himself and ask directly,maybe they will step up and PM you...lol
04 450r XC
LNP Like New Parts Powder Coating

Offline CADWELL

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 09:40:57 PM »
Quote from: danhung11;13072
Why not just put a washer on the bolt first and use a wrench?

Dan the problem is the the head of the CRF bolt is not only round with 2 flat sides, but it's only about 1/8" - 1/4" thick and the down tube of the frame as well as the kicker housing on the right side cover combined only allow for so much room.

i did a search on ATVRIDERS...seems like a lot of the Honda bolts in general are universal...but the bearings maybe be CRF pivot bearings.....SMH.....

http://www.atvriders.com/vbb/search.php?searchid=21080

Offline 05450r

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »
You need the Laeger version of this..LOL

04 450r XC

Offline CADWELL

Offline ryanowarrior

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 10:10:40 PM »
Quote from: CADWELL;13079
Hmmm...I wonder if these would work for a Laeger...

http://walshrc.com/shop/trx450r/86972-trx-style-pivot-bolt.html

http://walshrc.com/shop/crf450r-2002-8/120081-crf-450r-engine-pivot-bushings.html

nope!

Quote from: danhung11;13080
I have the same pivot bolt. A washer will fit between the head of the pivot bolt and frame. Then use a 19mm wrench, the washer will move it out some. Then have someone use an impact on the other side. It will work.

this! Or just get a buddy to help ya and hold the bolt with an end wrench very carefully...I was in same boat and got a buddy to hold the bolt while I torqued the nut done!
Quinn MotorSports - White Chassis
Laeger Crf
Laeger R
Walsh R
Walsh Crf (in the works)

Offline 89Longrod

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, 10:44:23 PM »
All of the hybrids I have seen and worked on always use the 250r pivot bearings, And from what I read all Honda swingarm bolts are universal I'm using a stock 450 in my R.
02 Predator narrow frame cr500 link,Pro-trax,Fox.

Offline ryanowarrior

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 10:50:19 PM »
Quote from: 89Longrod;13089
All of the hybrids I have seen and worked on always use the 250r pivot bearings, And from what I read all Honda swingarm bolts are universal I'm using a stock 450 in my R.

Most do...but the laeger uses the CRF bolt...and like Eric said the houser is different as well
Quinn MotorSports - White Chassis
Laeger Crf
Laeger R
Walsh R
Walsh Crf (in the works)

Offline 05450r

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2013, 11:01:25 PM »
Off the subject but what rear master and pedal do the Laegers use? Mine uses Crf,and Deuces yz Housers use yz parts iirc.
04 450r XC

Offline CADWELL

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2013, 04:19:28 AM »
Quote from: danhung11;13080
I have the same pivot bolt. A washer will fit between the head of the pivot bolt and frame. Then use a 19mm wrench, the washer will move it out some. Then have someone use an impact on the other side. It will work.

Ahh I see... I assumed sine the head of the bolt resembled nothing like a hex bolt that I couldn't use a socket...I'll have to use the washer trick....thanks Dan!

Quote from: 05450r;13078
You need the Laeger version of this..LOL

That instruction and parts guide is awesome!! Would love to have one from Laeger !

Quote from: 05450r;13093
Off the subject but what rear master and pedal do the Laegers use? Mine uses Crf,and Deuces yz Housers use yz parts iirc.

Good question. I'm sure I'll be tackling that subject soon as well. The guy I got this from had the linkage zip tied up when I got it from him lol....I'm gonna assume that I have a CRF set-up but I'll have to do some research....

Offline CADWELL

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2013, 11:44:47 PM »
Quote from: danhung11;13141
Most Laeger's used the same parts off the dirt bike, so if it's a true CRF it should be a CRF pedal. Mines a converted YZ, so I have a YZ pedal.  I asked Mark this exact question, and he said he basically didn't want the parts to go to "waste".

Makes alot of sense Dan. Thanks for the advice. So I'm guessing this thing will have CRF450 pivot bearings, but I'll have to do a bit more research.

Offline CADWELL

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2013, 12:01:31 AM »
Well I'm just about done buttoning up the power plant on this beast. Just waiting for my Hot Cams shim kit to come in the mail along with some TUSK oil caps and timing plugs from RMATV. Also waiting on my TM Designs Poly case saver, ESR Temp gauge and possibly looking at some CV4 hoses. Just trying to justify the price on them...although those damn Chinese cheapies do look tempting at that price on Ebay, but it seems as though they may only be able to withstand temps of up to 260 deg which is cheap haha.

This was the frst Honda motor I've split the cases on and although I've done plenty of YFZ motors, the Clymers book really came in handy. Over all I'd have to say between the 2, the YFZ is a more simpler design.....BUT....I love the cleaner look of a wet sump motor in a frame rather than dealing with oil tanks and hoses, so dealing with extra seals and such isn't a big deal at all.

Just a summary of what went into the motor:

Replaced right side case
New OEM crank
New OEM main bearings
New OEM main seals
New OEM balancer shaft bearings
New OEM balancer shaft seals
New CP Piston 12.5:1 shelf
New OEM Timing chain
New OEM rebuilt W/P
Renthal 13 tooth sprocket
All new OEM gaskets

CP Pistom...MMMMMMMM

Offline 05450r

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »
Looking good! Excellent choice with the Cp piston,hands down the best as far as 4 stroke pistons go. Make sure and post a pic of the poly case saver when you get it,mine came with a Moose that I will probly change. As far as hoses go,which application/quad would work,and what radiator do you have?The Gpi ebay hoses arent too bad,but definately not Cv4 quality!
04 450r XC

Offline CADWELL

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »
Quote from: 05450r;13375
Looking good! Excellent choice with the Cp piston,hands down the best as far as 4 stroke pistons go. Make sure and post a pic of the poly case saver when you get it,mine came with a Moose that I will probly change. As far as hoses go,which application/quad would work,and what radiator do you have?The Gpi ebay hoses arent too bad,but definately not Cv4 quality!

I can't remember where I read it but apparently 700r Raptor hoses are long enough with a couple bends to play with so that's probably what I'm gonna go with.

Hell I may even do the GPI hoses as well haha.

Offline CADWELL

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 09:37:20 PM »
Well exciting day today...FINALLY got my Powder coat back!!

I'm really pleased with the work North American Powder Coating did. The red that I picked out from the Cardinal chart was a bit redder than I thought would be which I was hoping for. I also got the motor buttoned up and should be ready to fire...hopefully on the first kick haha.

Here's the motor with the TM Designworks poly case saver.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38