TRX250r.org

Poll

Would you like to see a non-250R or quad related "Misc For Sale" section?

es - I want to sell my junk here :)
12 (50%)
o - Take that to Craigslist.. I\'m here for 250R\'s!
12 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: March 22, 2014, 05:58:04 PM

Author Topic: for sale section for misc stuff?  (Read 5667 times)

Offline jfwyatt1

for sale section for misc stuff?
« on: March 01, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »
how about it i and others im sure occasionally have stuff not 250r related that some of the guys here might be interested in.  Just a thought anyway

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 04:56:37 PM »
That's a fair question.  I'd prefer to keep sales related to 250R's & quads in general but am happy to solicit feedback from fellow members.. therefore this thread now has a poll!

Offline Pricecheck

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »
I'm the one who votes yes!  Let me explain....

I think of this community kind of as a family.  Not only do we try and sell our stuff here (most of us) because we try and support one another but we all know how others try and "rape" you on the price.  Remember that seat on ebay just recently?!?  If there is something to sell that you have, I say let's allow it.  Put it under the classifieds?  No.  Create a section that is for other stuff.  I'm a guy who is always looking for things to build and I'm always looking for metal to build my projects with.  I have three new ones that I need steel for at the moment ("Pogo Lift" creation, receiver hitch hoist and a beer bottle lamp).  

Not only do we have sporadic projects but we also need tools to do these tasks.  This is handy to have on here.  I'm a member on pirate4x4 and they have one of these sections.  It is awesome to be able to buy and sell what you need all on one site.  I've sold a tubing bender, notcher, racing seats and other items on that site.  Bought much more than that.

There is another point I have.  If you vote NO on the selling misc stuff because it's not R related then you might as well remove the lounge and chat box because it's not always R related.  I love the chat box and every aspect that this site has to offer.  I just think that bringing different for sale items to it might better our members' reputations by allowing more transactions to take place and having that trust grow.  Just my $.02 on this.

Offline jfwyatt1

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:05:16 PM »
Quote from: Pricecheck;27335

I think of this community kind of as a family.  Not only do we try and sell our stuff here (most of us) because we try and support one another but we all know how others try and "rape" you on the price.  Remember that seat on ebay just recently?!?  If there is something to sell that you have, I say let's allow it.  Put it under the classifieds?  No.  Create a section that is for other stuff.  I'm a guy who is always looking for things to build and I'm always looking for metal to build my projects with.  I have three new ones that I need steel for at the moment ("Pogo Lift" creation, receiver hitch hoist and a beer bottle lamp).  

Not only do we have sporadic projects but we also need tools to do these tasks.  This is handy to have on here.  I'm a member on pirate4x4 and they have one of these sections.  It is awesome to be able to buy and sell what you need all on one site.  I've sold a tubing bender, notcher, racing seats and other items on that site.  Bought much more than that.

There is another point I have.  If you vote NO on the selling misc stuff because it's not R related then you might as well remove the lounge and chat box because it's not always R related.  I love the chat box and every aspect that this site has to offer.  I just think that bringing different for sale items to it might better our members' reputations by allowing more transactions to take place and having that trust grow.  Just my $.02 on this.
Thats kinda why i brought the idea up im a member on RZRFORUMS and have bought and sold in there misc section everything from gun parts to video game consoles. its nice to be able to buy and sell somewhere besides ebay to avoid fees and gain trust from other buyers and sellers in the offroad community.

Offline trx250scar

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 08:57:46 AM »
I will vote Yes. Mostly because you guys are interested and possibly selling things that directly relate to me and my interest. Probably won't c a stroller or hospital Bed for sale here. Also wouldn't it bring more traffic here like when people Google items it will come up in the search? Then in turn give the sponsor a little more exposure?

Offline Pricecheck

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »
Good point about the sponsors. I always google things for a quick search and I tend to always come across the other site. I don't like that. The more ways we can get people to understand what we have here the better.

I just ask to take a look at pirate's page.

Side note: I do have a 3/4" drive impact socket set, 5 drawer craftsman tool box, snowboard, board bag and some new trailer parts for sale that I'd like to post! It would be nice to be able to list this stuff here and ask for other things I'm interested in. Just my feeler message!

I don't see any negative side to this addition since our guys are strictly vetting who becomes a member. Again, I'm all for what we have. I'm just saying that this would help.

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Pricecheck;27335

Lots of forums have "Off Topic" sections without having a "Misc For Sale" section, but I see the point you're trying to make.  For perspective, Pirate 4x4 also has 421 TIMES the members we do.. that equates to over 250,000 members.

Quote from: trx250scar;27369
I will vote Yes. Mostly because you guys are interested and possibly selling things that directly relate to me and my interest. Probably won't c a stroller or hospital Bed for sale here. Also wouldn't it bring more traffic here like when people Google items it will come up in the search? Then in turn give the sponsor a little more exposure?

On a very generic high level - yes.  In reality, SEO and positioning is much more complicated than that.  I do agree that selling other quad or ORV stuff may bring more exposure to the site; however, it's doubtful that the guy who found your Table Saw For Sale thread on Google is going to sign up (let alone has a 250R).

Quote from: Pricecheck;27381
Good point about the sponsors. I always google things for a quick search and I tend to always come across the other site. I don't like that. The more ways we can get people to understand what we have here the better.

I just ask to take a look at pirate's page.

Side note: I do have a 3/4" drive impact socket set, 5 drawer craftsman tool box, snowboard, board bag and some new trailer parts for sale that I'd like to post! It would be nice to be able to list this stuff here and ask for other things I'm interested in. Just my feeler message!

I don't see any negative side to this addition since our guys are strictly vetting who becomes a member. Again, I'm all for what we have. I'm just saying that this would help.

The other site comes up because they have 10X the content.  And results pages are ranked by the amount of similar or supporting content so that single Table Saw For Sale thread may show up on page 20 of Google.

That being said, we are weighing our options and appreciate the feedback thus far.

Offline rsss396

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 12:31:51 PM »
Quote from: havinnoj;27390

The other site comes up because they have 10X the content.  And results pages are ranked by the amount of similar or supporting content so that single Table Saw For Sale thread may show up on page 20 of Google.

That being said, we are weighing our options and appreciate the feedback thus far.

I know nothing about websites but it kind of makes me wonder if we are doing something wrong because I still can find content of mine easier on a site like atvdragracers than from this site. the other site is all but dead and never really was a big site.
I dont have a answer why just something I have noticed
Anyone looking for a great builder I highly recommend the following.
For CP products dealers I would recommend:
Arlan at LED(site sponsor), Pete Schemberger at Hybrid Engineering, Mat Shearer at Shearer Custom Pipes, Dennis Packard at Packard Racing, and Nate McCoy of McCoys Peformance.

Other great builders I also would recommend: Neil Prichard, Jerry Hall, Bubba Ramsey and James Dodge.

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 12:42:44 PM »
Quote from: rsss396;27391
I know nothing about websites but it kind of makes me wonder if we are doing something wrong because I still can find content of mine easier on a site like atvdragracers than from this site. the other site is all but dead and never really was a big site.
I dont have a answer why just something I have noticed

They have a lot more content than we currently do.  And query results depend on certain keywords as well.

Offline Tbone07

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 09:48:10 PM »
I suppose this really wouldn't hurt...I don't see any glaring negative to the idea.
LED Performance 350R
Laegers-JD Performance-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline trx88

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 11:54:15 AM »
only if its shit i want

Offline Pricecheck

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 11:58:10 AM »
I know id like to find random stuff on it. I'm always looking for steel and random tools. I build trailers and I'm in the process of building and couple of different lifts. Random things for my truck as well. We all would like trailers to haul our toys. This would be a great spot for it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 02:42:40 PM »
Since it looks like number of members would use this, the section For Sale - Misc Stuff is now open.  Thanks for the suggestion  [MENTION=98]jfwyatt1[/MENTION].  We will watch how this section performs and adjust if needed down the road.

Offline pinned250r

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 03:22:03 PM »
Quote from: havinnoj;27731
Since it looks like number of members would use this, the section For Sale - Misc Stuff is now open.  Thanks for the suggestion  [MENTION=98]jfwyatt1[/MENTION].  We will watch how this section performs and adjust if needed down the road.

Is it possible to have this section not pop up on the "new posts" screen? i know its a long shot, but thatd be pretty neat.
I ride PINNED! Therefore, no bdt in this household.

Offline Pumashine

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 04:22:35 PM »
Quote from: pinned250r;27737
Is it possible to have this section not pop up on the "new posts" screen? i know its a long shot, but thatd be pretty neat.
Thats exactly what I was thinking
Puma 408, Puma 431,  Pilot 412, Puma 431, Mini-tooth 486 Trx450r
89mm  Mini tooth Shearer in frame pipe chromed! With Cascade  Q

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38