TRX250r.org

Author Topic: How do you delete pictures that are saved on this site?  (Read 3701 times)

Offline rsss396

How do you delete pictures that are saved on this site?
« on: March 21, 2014, 09:31:57 AM »
Since we had the picture issue a few months back and everyones pictures have been lost or scrambled around, how do I delete the pictures that are saved in my "manage attachments"
I have random picture from other peoples posts in there but can not figure out how to remove them. These pictures are linked back to the posting I made so I guess I could go back to each posting and edit then remove but it seems like there should be a easier way

thanks
Dave
Anyone looking for a great builder I highly recommend the following.
For CP products dealers I would recommend:
Arlan at LED(site sponsor), Pete Schemberger at Hybrid Engineering, Mat Shearer at Shearer Custom Pipes, Dennis Packard at Packard Racing, and Nate McCoy of McCoys Peformance.

Other great builders I also would recommend: Neil Prichard, Jerry Hall, Bubba Ramsey and James Dodge.

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 09:54:46 AM »
Quote from: rsss396;29502
Since we had the picture issue a few months back and everyones pictures have been lost or scrambled around, how do I delete the pictures that are saved in my "manage attachments"
I have random picture from other peoples posts in there but can not figure out how to remove them. These pictures are linked back to the posting I made so I guess I could go back to each posting and edit then remove but it seems like there should be a easier way

thanks
Dave

The Attachments Manager (File Upload Manager) you're referring to is really for uploading new attachments and adding currently in-use attachments to other posts/threads.

You can edit each thread or post individually like you say, but the best bet to remove attachments in bulk is to go to your User CP and click "Attachments."  This will show the post, filename, file size, etc. and allows you to delete multiple attachments at once.

Offline rsss396

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 10:49:31 AM »
Ok thanks!
Anyone looking for a great builder I highly recommend the following.
For CP products dealers I would recommend:
Arlan at LED(site sponsor), Pete Schemberger at Hybrid Engineering, Mat Shearer at Shearer Custom Pipes, Dennis Packard at Packard Racing, and Nate McCoy of McCoys Peformance.

Other great builders I also would recommend: Neil Prichard, Jerry Hall, Bubba Ramsey and James Dodge.

Offline ytman

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 08:06:45 PM »
Forgive me if you answered this and I'm not getting it. Can I delete MY pictures that have been put in other people's posts, from their posts? I'm a computer dipsh*t.

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
Quote from: ytman;29536
Forgive me if you answered this and I'm not getting it. Can I delete MY pictures that have been put in other people's posts, from their posts? I'm a computer dipsh*t.

That's a great question  [MENTION=172]ytman[/MENTION] and the answer is no - not on your end.  During the move of the file system that stores the attachments , there was some shuffling that occurred.  Attachments prior to that were essentially assigned new ID's.  The threads/posts retain the static ID information but are unable to realize that ID315 is now ID223 for example.  This only affected about the first 5 months of attachments.

If you (or other members) see your attachments in the wrong thread/post and want it removed (or relocated to the proper post/thread), shoot me a PM and I'll take care of it.

Offline ytman

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 08:28:13 AM »
Thank you

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38