TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"  (Read 33717 times)

Offline rk88r

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 08:53:15 PM »
My 99 MX has it also.
\'99 Laeger narrow, cr link, +3+1 protrax, Peps, with a LED 363
\'88 265 pv peps
One other \'88

Offline 312R1

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 08:59:35 PM »
Quote from: Tbone07;29837
The extra curved cross member right by the lowest motor mounts on the bottom frame rail. My Laeger doesn't have those

I have never seen a Laeger without it.

Offline Emullen

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 08:55:31 AM »
I find that lower bar interesting too. I have one quad that is an mx narrow CR link that has it and I thought that it was an extra added support bar because that frame also has footpeg/pivot bolt area gussets as well. My other 3 fames do not have it nor did the other frame that I had sold- all narrow CR Link 2 were MX and 2 are XC frames.  I see small differences in the frames that I have but that support bar was such a large difference that I thought it was added with the gussets.  Steve, it's interesting to me that all of the LAE that you have seen had it.  I would be interested to know more about it.   Also I'm looking forward to seeing your new builds along with this new one of bnau267

Offline zcarlson12

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 08:31:34 PM »
This is going to be a nice build. My Laeger narrow no-link doesn't have the cross bar either.
Laeger 310R

Offline bnau267

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 10:00:12 PM »
Quote from: zcarlson12;29928
This is going to be a nice build. My Laeger narrow no-link doesn't have the cross bar either.

That is easily explained; you got a custom Laeger.

Offline zcarlson12

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 03:10:12 PM »
Hmm alright thanks, I didn't know that. I'll probably have them add it in when I tear this down for a rebuild next year. I also noticed on my frame where it becomes narrow in the front, yours and every other Laeger narrow I've seen are solid through that area. Mine you can see where the tubes come together and all that instead of the flat piece. I'm probably not explaining that too well.
Laeger 310R

Offline bnau267

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 06:31:50 AM »
Quote from: zcarlson12;29972
Hmm alright thanks, I didn't know that. I'll probably have them add it in when I tear this down for a rebuild next year. I also noticed on my frame where it becomes narrow in the front, yours and every other Laeger narrow I've seen are solid through that area. Mine you can see where the tubes come together and all that instead of the flat piece. I'm probably not explaining that too well.


I was kidding about the custom frame.  They are all custom...LOL.  I've noticed that Laeger, Arens Bros, and other's make slight changes over the years plus they build to order.  When I have a new one built I'll request about twenty pictures before letting it go off for powder.  I'd love to have the front lower fender bracket mounts on the down tubes (guess Mark figured race cut fenders).

Offline zcarlson12

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »
Lol I feel stupid now. I knew they were all custom but it makes me wonder why on this frame that the cross bar wasn't added and the solid piece isn't there. Ya I hear that a lot about the lower front fender brackets.
Laeger 310R

Offline Emullen

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 09:25:05 PM »
The XC Laeger frames have the lower front fender mounts, the MX do not.   I did have a MX frame that I had the lower fender mounts added.  If you dont want to add the mounts now there are other ways to secure your full fenders.  There are also XC and MX s-arms.   The XC has skid plate mounts and no chain guide and the MX has no skid plate mounts but has a chain guide.  There were some that had both.  There is an XC CR link s-arm on ebay now if you need one or just run the disc and sprocket guard. You are correct with the minor differences/ updates through the years.   You frame is just special all together. Quite cool.  I'm looking forward to seeing your build.

Offline bnau267

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 12:33:59 AM »
Front end.  Rear end.  CF Snorkel.
Haven't decided on color scheme but I'm leaning towards a stock 88 or 89.

Offline pinned250r

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 08:36:12 AM »
keep that swinger chrome if its not too bad! cant really see in the pics.
I ride PINNED! Therefore, no bdt in this household.

Offline Tbone07

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 09:32:46 AM »
Quote from: Emullen;30096
The XC Laeger frames have the lower front fender mounts, the MX do not.   I did have a MX frame that I had the lower fender mounts added.  If you dont want to add the mounts now there are other ways to secure your full fenders.  There are also XC and MX s-arms.   The XC has skid plate mounts and no chain guide and the MX has no skid plate mounts but has a chain guide.  There were some that had both.  There is an XC CR link s-arm on ebay now if you need one or just run the disc and sprocket guard. You are correct with the minor differences/ updates through the years.   You frame is just special all together. Quite cool.  I'm looking forward to seeing your build.

Well then it appears I have a MX frame when I intend on riding XC....lol
LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline Emullen

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 10:13:19 AM »
Nice CF snorkel.  You don't see many of those

Offline jamieg45

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 11:22:03 AM »
Well I'm tuned in for sure on this build, great start man.
01 Lsr 250r
00 Walsh 250r

Offline bnau267

Laeger XC "ONE of ONE"
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 09:43:49 PM »
Some front end protection....