TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Got burned again!  (Read 24095 times)

Offline Allison#51

Got burned again!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 02:44:37 PM »
I haven't been able to get ahold of him since the deal went down. Big surprise.. He  knows what he did. I think he was just hoping I would be dumb enough to just run the motor and never split the cases. I'm not sure if I want to post his name cause I might lose the element of surprise if I do decide to go knocking on his door. He hasn't been online over there yet this year but he might still be lurking around with a different profile or something. The slimy bastard! Lol

Offline havinnoj

Got burned again!
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 02:59:58 PM »
Quote from: Allison#51;30820
I haven't been able to get ahold of him since the deal went down. Big surprise.. He  knows what he did. I think he was just hoping I would be dumb enough to just run the motor and never split the cases. I'm not sure if I want to post his name cause I might lose the element of surprise if I do decide to go knocking on his door. He hasn't been online over there yet this year but he might still be lurking around with a different profile or something. The slimy bastard! Lol

Post up some negative feedback on that site (and here too if he's a member) so other members know to be cautious with him.

Offline pinned250r

Got burned again!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 03:01:22 PM »
Just a heads up, i pm'd the crap out of a guy who sold me carrier and axle, both supposedly for an R, but the carrier was too short. Pm and Pm(on facebook) so i could see he was reading them, just not responding. So after a couple weeks of this, and sayin "hey dick i can see you reading the message, now respond, i just wand to know what this unit is for, i dont need cash or anything from you" i finally called him out publicily, whatd ya know, that same day he messages and says to call him. Super apologetic and offers $, i said no. Sometimes, embarassment is the best tactic if all else fails. :)
I ride PINNED! Therefore, no bdt in this household.

Offline jcs003

Got burned again!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 03:57:16 PM »
Quote from: pinned250r;30823
Just a heads up, i pm'd the crap out of a guy who sold me carrier and axle, both supposedly for an R, but the carrier was too short. Pm and Pm(on facebook) so i could see he was reading them, just not responding. So after a couple weeks of this, and sayin "hey dick i can see you reading the message, now respond, i just wand to know what this unit is for, i dont need cash or anything from you" i finally called him out publicily, whatd ya know, that same day he messages and says to call him. Super apologetic and offers $, i said no. Sometimes, embarassment is the best tactic if all else fails. :)

genius!  i like your tactic.  those who abuse the lil bit of trust they are given should be held accountable.

john

Offline Wes350x

Got burned again!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 04:07:36 PM »
Kjason?
1988 250R

Offline Hawaiiysr

Got burned again!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 04:34:01 PM »
I just got screwed on eBay. I'm debating whether or not to post it here. It was for a quadzilla part I was selling.

Once I bought some TT91 tires off some guy on line. Paid for the tires and shipping. Tires never showed. He never replied to numerous attempts of contact. So I had an idea. I went on every ysr50 forum board and made a tread that said "hi jack still waiting on my tires?" That was all it said. What do you know the tires showed up 2nd day air.

Offline Allison#51

Got burned again!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 09:05:07 PM »
Quote from: Wes350x;30834
Kjason?

No kjason burned me on a arms. Lol this guy was Aintsokoolaid  Evan Naber is his name.

Offline Allison#51

Got burned again!
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 09:46:03 PM »
It's hard to see in the pics but just about all the gears have stress marks on the teeth. you can see on the one in the upper left some sand or something must of got in between the teeth and left big marks in it.

I thought the cases were in good shape but I just found two cracks in the back from the swingarm

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:30:43 PM by Allison#51 »

Offline Allison#51

Got burned again!
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 09:49:08 PM »

Also having trouble getting the crank out I'm not sure if this has something to do with it. Here's some of the sand and gravel in there too.  

I'm not sure if I want to run this crank it feels alright but I don't know if I'll be able to get all the sand off it. Plus I'm sure it's one of the old style hot rods.

Offline GO OVRIT

Got burned again!
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 10:10:45 PM »
Wow...... I'd have trouble sleeping at night if I sold that as a good bottom end.

Offline The Phantom

Got burned again!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2014, 10:43:11 AM »
Quote from: traxman;30755
Ohh...... you gotta watch it over there on that .net site. That's where the shady characters hang out and they own it..
Thats a real fair statement.
1988 TRX ESR 350 PV +4 STROKER (363)RACE DOME* ESR TRX9 PORT AND TRX5B PIPE & SILENCER*38mm Smartcarb*V-FORCE 3 REEDS*CR500/400EX CLUTCH MOD*ESR BILLET KICKSTARTER,SHIFTER,BRAKE LEVER, TEMP GAUGE*GPI RADIATOR & HOSES*LSR +2 A-ARMS*LSR STEERING STEM & CLAMP*LSR CARRIER & AXCALIBER AXLE*ITP SS112 RIMS WRAPPED WITH RAZR 2\'S*TRIPLE RATE WORKS FRONT SHOCKS W/REZ*AC RACING NERFS*DG FRONT BUMPER*LED TAILLIGHT

Offline Allison#51

Got burned again!
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2014, 12:26:37 PM »
Yeah. He did a pretty good job of hiding everything. Like he threw a nice polished stAtor cover on it to cover up that mess had a rag tucked nicely around the crank rod and it was all taped up so it appeared it had been covered. You really can't see the cracks in the back of the cases that easily from the outside so it appeared like it was a nice bottom end. Opened it up and I'm getting a totally different story. I don't know what to do at this point. I guess I'll just salvage what I can and try not to buy any more used parts from here on out.

Offline RIDE-RED 350r

Got burned again!
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 10:29:52 AM »
I agree, you definitely got the shaft!

Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but have you contacted him to see if he will at least do a partial refund?

My brother bought a 200x engine from a FB group recently that was a "good runner" when pulled a couple years ago. But the seller told him up front that if there was any problems to let him know and he would make it right. The price was right so he pulled the trigger and bought it... 2nd gen 200x engines aren't exactly abundant..

So gets it and takes it apart for inspection. He finds the cam and entire valvetrain smoked, and a worn out max overbore top end.

He contacted the seller and the seller was very good about it and refunded him half of the buying price.

All I'm saying is just give a guy a chance to make it right and see what he does.

I hope it works out for the best for you, because that is certainly not a good mill you bought. Sounds like it should have been sold as a "parts" engine and priced accordingly...

Offline DnB_Racing

Got burned again!
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »
I say give him an honest chance...you bought it in person,
if you didn't see any issues maybe he didn't either, the only way you found the problem was taking it apart,
and it sounds like he didn't have it apart right before trying to sell,

don't forget these bottom ends are getting very old, and what you found is very common on a 25 year old race machine,
what you got was the average $400 to $500 bottom end, if you payed more then yes he owes you some coin!!!

but if that's about what you payed, then he probably knew as much about the problem as you when you bought it,

ask yourself if you would have known about the issues if you didn't split the cases, probably not, and he might not of either,

me, I expect thing like this to be wrong if buying low cost parts, but not if spending top dollar,

how much did they cost you?

Offline mennis1971

Got burned again!
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »
Well I'm glad you let us know his name so the rest of us can be wary of dealing with him at the least. IMO if something is gonna be sold as a good bottom end, then it should have at least been split and inspected by the seller(no way I'd let a buyer come over and let him start tearing a motor apart). Then again, I'm a hoarder and not a seller LOL. Luckily I'm pretty stocked up on R parts(except cases) so I don't really have to worry about this kind of stuff anymore. Those cases do at least look easily repairable, even though they were not sold as needing to be. Good luck!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38