TRX250r.org

Author Topic: visiting hawaii - looking for guidance  (Read 3061 times)

Offline atvmxr

visiting hawaii - looking for guidance
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 10:49:09 AM »
Quote from: Hawaiiysr;37526
Ill keep this short because I have so much good stuff to say about home.. Ill be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Leave a message if I don't answer. I'm a busy guy.  

Oh and btw congratulations to you and your lady:)

which island do you live on?  i was thinking of doing a combo of staying in Oahu a few days then Maui, but i think we are just going to go to maui.  south kihei probably.  a little concerned about the wind since in August it averages 25mph, but I am told the further south you go the less wind there is.  ?
Bunch of race quads that run on premix

Offline pinned250r

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 11:16:18 AM »
Josh is on Oahu, just outside the capital.
I ride PINNED! Therefore, no bdt in this household.

Offline Hawaiiysr

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
Quote from: atvmxr;37557
which island do you live on?  i was thinking of doing a combo of staying in Oahu a few days then Maui, but i think we are just going to go to maui.  south kihei probably.  a little concerned about the wind since in August it averages 25mph, but I am told the further south you go the less wind there is.  ?

Yes, pinned is right. I live on Oahu. Many people do the island hopping on thing. I would do that if the budget allows. Only thing is its hard to cram in all the sights. There is only so many hours in a day.

Maui is great. I have family there that lives up country, kula area. You can't go wrong visiting Maui. Kihei is nice. Hot though in my opinion. Kihei is somewhat of a touristy town. Lots of restaurants, a few little strip malls. South kihei is where most of the major hotels are. And yes less wind. North is more windy. Its nice but in all honesty I would stay at a cheaper hotel or even better if you can find one rent out a condo. I would spend my money else where like activities and dinning out. Helicopter tours, zip lining, whale watching cruzes, fine dinning. I would spend my money there. Its is nice to come back to fresh sheets and a tidy hotel room though. So many options!

If you visit Maui you have to go up to kula, haiku area. Views are amazing! Lots to see and do up there.

Like I said evey island will have its own feel. You just need to find out which one feels the best for you. Renting a condo in Maui is cool. On Oahu your better off in a hotel.

I'm excited for you! No matter where you visit I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

Offline atvmxr

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 08:40:41 PM »
Quote from: Hawaiiysr;37573
Yes, pinned is right. I live on Oahu. Many people do the island hopping on thing. I would do that if the budget allows. Only thing is its hard to cram in all the sights. There is only so many hours in a day.

Maui is great. I have family there that lives up country, kula area. You can't go wrong visiting Maui. Kihei is nice. Hot though in my opinion. Kihei is somewhat of a touristy town. Lots of restaurants, a few little strip malls. South kihei is where most of the major hotels are. And yes less wind. North is more windy. Its nice but in all honesty I would stay at a cheaper hotel or even better if you can find one rent out a condo. I would spend my money else where like activities and dinning out. Helicopter tours, zip lining, whale watching cruzes, fine dinning. I would spend my money there. Its is nice to come back to fresh sheets and a tidy hotel room though. So many options!

If you visit Maui you have to go up to kula, haiku area. Views are amazing! Lots to see and do up there.

Like I said evey island will have its own feel. You just need to find out which one feels the best for you. Renting a condo in Maui is cool. On Oahu your better off in a hotel.

I'm excited for you! No matter where you visit I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

I looked into the condo and vrbo, but the deals on Travelocity and Expedia just can't be beat.  Any thoughts on knaapali on the far west side in comparison to mid/south kihei  in terms of wind, temperature, touristy  etc in mid august?

Also it seems the best flight option is direct from Houston to Oahu then jump over to Maui.  If we do that then I doubt we will day fly to any of the other islands.
Bunch of race quads that run on premix

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38