TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Oregon Dunes, you know them?  (Read 12128 times)

Offline Crankedupgear

Oregon Dunes, you know them?
« on: July 16, 2014, 02:23:16 PM »
Hi,

i am doing a t-shirt design with all the trail, obsticles, and dune nik names. I ride mostly in Windy Bay, so I don't know all the ones for Coos Bay & Florence. Can we start a list with names? I will do something for those who help me.

Windy Bay:
(I have 10 but want to see what you guys have)
Face Plant
Waterfall
Stump
Snag
Banshee Hill
Banshee Gulch
Coliseum
The Bowl (is that part of coliseum?)

Coos bay:
Boxcar

Florence?
I ride there but know nothing...LOL

Thanks, sandy

Offline Pumashine

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 03:24:11 PM »
Do we all have different nick names? Shouldn't we post a pic of each one...so were on the same page?
For example, we call this area The Snags

Looking the other way

And this the coliseum
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:39:29 PM by Pumashine »
Puma 408, Puma 431,  Pilot 412, Puma 431, Mini-tooth 486 Trx450r
89mm  Mini tooth Shearer in frame pipe chromed! With Cascade  Q

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »
Quote from: Pumashine;39203
For example, we call this area The Snags

No way man!  That's Banshee Glenn!  :lol:

Offline Pumashine

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 03:43:59 PM »
Quote from: havinnoj;39205
Never heard of it. And the Bowl is way far from the coliseum. Never heard of face plant. And you left out superman. And I'm guessing no one knows where the Wall of death is????
Puma 408, Puma 431,  Pilot 412, Puma 431, Mini-tooth 486 Trx450r
89mm  Mini tooth Shearer in frame pipe chromed! With Cascade  Q

Offline atvcrazy

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »
competition hill used to be a big deal back in the day down at Florence but I don't know if it is anymore because I never go there anymore.  I remember back in the day racing up that hill and having a few hundred people watching all around the top of it on a big holiday weekend.  That was fun times, I don't really care that much about drag racing but no one seems to hill race anymore.

I believe around hauser there used to be a hill named "V-8" hill but I don't know which one it is.

Offline traxman

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 01:28:58 AM »
starting from hauser heading south it goes
"hauser flats"
"v6" (small hill at end of hauser flat)
"v8"
"beaver slide" (I believe) is where the tree clump is just south of v8 you can go around it via east side or west side
when you go to the east theres a single trail to take back to the west side (the main dune side) that's beaver slide or so I have been told.
next hill south is "razorback"
next hill is "no name"
next hill is "waterboard"(that's the big hill a the end of the south end of the passing lanes before coming into town)
next hill is Caesar (it has the bowl at the bottom with all the trees on the face)
then furthest south is "Boxcar"

so in short
north to south

hauser flats
v6
v8
beaver slide
razorback
no name
water board
Caesar
boxcar
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:40:42 AM by traxman »

Offline Crankedupgear

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 07:43:29 PM »
Quote from: Pumashine;39206
Never heard of it. And the Bowl is way far from the coliseum. Never heard of face plant. And you left out superman. And I'm guessing no one knows where the Wall of death is????

I learned those names from locals years ago, never heard about superman, it that the nasty dune in the back that is really skinny at the top, not a razor back, but too skinny for a wildcat sxs? Two dunes over from the lake in the back se corner? We rode them all, but have no clue on the nick names...I am making a video from the go pro, I will put what I think are the names on, and have you guys help me...Is the coliseum the big dune in the middle, steep and long? face plant as we know it was facing banshee gulch...which has changed, it used to be really nasty, sand filled it in.

Offline Crankedupgear

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 07:45:21 PM »
thanks! we rode only part of one day there last week, it was so cold when we hit the beach, we headed back to spinreel, thought JULY would be warmer! Gonna go back in September tho...

Offline Crankedupgear

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 07:52:27 PM »
Quote from: havinnoj;39205
LOl never heard of banshee glen!

Do you have names for what we call the "fingers" that are the runs that go up to the back of banshee hill, the lake, and the nastly long one that blows sxs belts? I think it was the 3rd "finger" looking at them from the 3rd parking lot from north to south. We blew a belt (it was starting to go, we just finished it) first day on the sand, then 2 days later we saw a rzr not 100 feet from where we blew replacing a belt...my new name for that dune is Belt Blower, LOL

Offline broken1

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 12:50:24 AM »
Don't forget about the rope swing at coos bay. I don't think it's there anymore though.

Offline Crankedupgear

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 03:38:00 PM »
Hmmm, don't know that one either...I like your signature! Might have to put that on a Tee.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38