TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Bar clamp bolt hole spacing  (Read 866 times)

Offline Aceman

Bar clamp bolt hole spacing
« on: July 17, 2013, 08:58:32 PM »
I just bought an 1 1/8" upper bar clamp with lights from Ricky Stator.  The bolt holes don't line up with the lower clamp on my Houser stem.

I called Ricky Stator, they said I definitely have the right upper clamp, so it must be a Houser problem.  I assumed all mounts had the same bolt pattern up to this point.  Does anyone know if can replace just the antivibe mount on this Houser stem with a different brand to get the right bolt spacing?

Just for the record:

Houser clamp          1.43" centers
Ricky Stator clamp   1.54" centers

Thanks for the help.
Arens Axis XC 310R
Houser Axis Duner CT350PV

Offline 363 stroker

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 11:27:18 PM »
I ran into a similar problem. The Laeger anti vibe clamp I have is 1.54 and my lonestar is 1.43  I think you could just call Laeger and order the lower anti-vibe mounts minus bar clamp and you should be good.
LSR 363 R
Laeger 250 R

Offline Aceman

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 09:04:48 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I talked to someone at Houser today and he confirmed that they use their own bolt spacing.  Unfortunately, Laeger Racing didn't want to pick up their phone today so I couldn't ask them about their bar clamp.
Arens Axis XC 310R

Offline Aceman

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »
Figured I'd post a follow up.  Got ahold of Scott at Laeger Racing, his antivibe clamp uses factory bolt spacing and he's going to sell me just the lower perch without the upper clamp.  Huge points for Laeger in my book.

Thanks also to 363 stroker for getting me pointed in the right direction!
Arens Axis XC 310R