TRX250r.org

Author Topic: No-link build project  (Read 22266 times)

Offline Michael88R

No-link build project
« on: February 02, 2015, 11:30:22 PM »
This has been a very slow project, but I thought I'd share a bit about it.   I mounted up the swing arm last night and I'm definitely gonna have to cut off the lower linkage mount. The swing arm hits it well before the suspension gets to full droop.  So I've got 2 start stripping the PC off this frame so it can be gusseted and pc'd.
88’ R Esr 350 CEO, Esr trx5 pipe
88’ R Esr ported stock cylinder, waiting for rebuild when my son gets a little older

Offline Michael88R

No-link build project
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7834[/ATTACH]
88’ R Esr ported stock cylinder, waiting for rebuild when my son gets a little older

Offline Michael88R

No-link build project
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 09:56:58 AM »
Anyone know how to post pics from your phone.  I tried in the post above.  It showed up at first, but now it doesn't come up on my PC.

Offline mandom250r

No-link build project
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 12:54:13 PM »
Are you using tapatalk?

Offline Michael88R

No-link build project
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 03:25:59 PM »
Uhhh......no.

Offline mandom250r

No-link build project
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 03:31:25 PM »
Quote from: Michael88R;49785
Uhhh......no.
download tapatalk and it will be much easier posting pics from your phone

Offline dem3500

No-link build project
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 03:48:02 PM »
Photo bucket has a phone app
Facebook.com/toonutzcreations

Offline Michael88R

No-link build project
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 10:22:06 PM »
I'm using tapatalk now.  I'm still learning the smart phone thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Michael88R

No-link build project
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 01:01:35 AM »

Offline Tbone07

No-link build project
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 10:06:07 AM »
Dang what swinger is that? Reminds me of the ARSFX gull wing.

My gut reaction is to ask you why do you want to go to the no-link? I would do some research on what intake setup you plan on running with it before making the move. The no-link intake can be a really really big pain in the ass, I know this all too well.
LED Performance 350R
Laegers-JD Performance-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline pinned250r

No-link build project
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »
I have no problems with my intake on a no link roll swinger with stock chassis. I have heard many people claim all these issues and shock relocation, etc. I Literally changed the shock and swinger and that was it. Obviously if you want to run a longer shock or change trajectory of the shock angle then so be it. But at that point, you already know what you're setting yourself up for and check all your bases, and also have the abilities to figure it out.
I ride PINNED! Therefore, no bdt in this household.

Offline beobe99

No-link build project
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 03:12:06 PM »
Quote from: Tbone07;49812

My gut reaction is to ask you why do you want to go to the no-link? I would do some research on what intake setup you plan on running with it before making the move. The no-link intake can be a really really big pain in the ass, I know this all too well.

I learned the hard way with no-link as well. I loved the suspension! But never knew about airbox issues. Luckily, while spending hours just starring at my build I noticed the $99 aluminum air box was awfully close to the shock, like an inch away (I actually have a thread on here)... I then spent $175 having it modified... so $275 airbox for me (yeah, I think I overpaid but looked perfect).

I imagine running no airbox is the cheapest / best way anyway, no? unless you ride trails / creek crossings..

Offline Tbone07

No-link build project
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 03:35:52 PM »
Quote from: beobe99;49815
I learned the hard way with no-link as well. I loved the suspension! But never knew about airbox issues. Luckily, while spending hours just starring at my build I noticed the $99 aluminum air box was awfully close to the shock, like an inch away (I actually have a thread on here)... I then spent $175 having it modified... so $275 airbox for me (yeah, I think I overpaid but looked perfect).

I imagine running no airbox is the cheapest / best way anyway, no? unless you ride trails / creek crossings..

My problem was that I needed a nice sealed box for XC racing/riding.

My no-link problems were referring to my Laeger. So if your OEM frame and the swinger combination give you a steeper shock angle than mine then you might be ok clearance wise.
LED Performance 350R
Laegers-JD Performance-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline Michael88R

No-link build project
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 06:18:05 PM »
Quote from: Tbone07;49812

It is a Koq or kids on quads. They were 499 new when I bought it. Cheaper than a used Roll and the gull wing is supposed to help the air box clearance.  Why run it?  One, I already bought it and two, I'd like my rear suspension to work better. Especially in the whoops.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do on the air box yet. May just go with an eliminator. I think with the stock frame it is not as bad because the air boot fits next to the shock body vs with a long shock it will be against the spring. I was gonna build this for desert but I think now it's just gonna be a duner so the AB eliminator may be the easiest.

Offline Michael88R

No-link build project
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 10:03:51 PM »
Quote from: pinned250r;49814
I have no problems with my intake on a no link roll swinger with stock chassis. I have heard many people claim all these issues and shock relocation, etc. I Literally changed the shock and swinger and that was it. Obviously if you want to run a longer shock or change trajectory of the shock angle then so be it. But at that point, you already know what you're setting yourself up for and check all your bases, and also have the abilities to figure it out.

What intake r u running?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38