TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Powerline Park GNCC - St. Clairsville OH  (Read 7228 times)

Offline Tbone07

Powerline Park GNCC - St. Clairsville OH
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 10:30:33 AM »
Got a great start and was in the top-10 going into the second corner. Someone ran their right side tire up my left rear, up my back and over my shoulder. I looked to my left and all I saw was someone's skid plate about a foot from my face. Luckily I ducked in to the right and escaped the carnage.

Got into the woods and escaped a bottleneck. Hit another bottleneck and stalled on a log on the side of a hill, that lost me about 30 seconds. Got back running and started making back a couple of positions. It was pretty hard to pass but I started picking some better lines once I got the flow going. I managed to pick the perfect line through the infamous mud pit, and I escaped without a drop of mud on me.

After the first lap I was flying through an open whooped out section and noticed that something felt wrong. Looked down and the top snap ring in my Roll a-arm gave way, which pulled the bearing out of the sleeve. I had to get a tow back to the trailer where my pit crew and I got her back together, but not after I lost at least a half hour.

Magically the snap ring stayed in place, and i went the rest of the 10 miles of track until i reached the mud pit again. Made a big rookie mistake by assuming the first line I took would be there again. Well it was an absolute pond by the time the entire morning class went through it. It was too late to go back so I gassed it at the last second and didn't even come close to making it. Slammed right into the water and heard my air-box start guzzling water. I let it settle a bit before taking off, but I only made it another hundred yards or so before she quit for good

All in all I had an absolute blast. Didn't finish exactly how I wanted to, but I got a lot of good racing in and learned what the nationals are all about. I'm completely hooked on this type of racing and plan on doing many more next year
LED Performance 350R
Laegers-JD Performance-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline zcarlson12

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 11:52:37 AM »
Sounds like a good time man. You know we need pics!
Laeger 310R

Offline rablack21

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 01:32:45 PM »
Good write up Tbone. Sounds like you had fun. It's the challenges that drive you crazy and yet keep you coming back!

Offline aberegg05

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 01:55:18 AM »
I hit the big mud hole tbone was talking about. I had a rough start but was doing pretty good for a while until the mud hole on the second lap. Sunk my airbox and it shut off. Finally got it started and went for another 10 mins and it shutoff again. I took my seat off and wrung the water out of my air filter. Gave her a kick and fired. I did get to finish but not where I wanted. Just glad I finished. What a rough race....can't wait till next year.

Offline Tbone07

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 09:59:18 AM »
Quote from: aberegg05;60152
I hit the big mud hole tbone was talking about. I had a rough start but was doing pretty good for a while until the mud hole on the second lap. Sunk my airbox and it shut off. Finally got it started and went for another 10 mins and it shutoff again. I took my seat off and wrung the water out of my air filter. Gave her a kick and fired. I did get to finish but not where I wanted. Just glad I finished. What a rough race....can't wait till next year.

I'll give a call later today Matt. I know I either passed you, or you passed me at least twice during the race. I had a great time. Definitely hitting all the races I can next year
LED Performance 350R
Laegers-JD Performance-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38