TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Logging into this site  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Robsessed86

Logging into this site
« on: November 25, 2015, 11:41:42 AM »
Does anyone have an issue with  McAfee virus protection popping up a window saying "Warning: Suspicious site" detected every time they enter the site or push the back button??? Because I do. Plus I can't zoom in on any page or pic  on this site like I can on .net? I'm curious why? Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline hickwheeler

Logging into this site
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:51:38 AM »
yes I have that same problem if I try to get on the full site on my phone. So I just use the android app. The down side of the app is I can't see voting or vote with it.
88 hybrid 431 puma
88 (BOF Build) stock motor and oem 89 plastics
More in the works

Offline havinnoj

Logging into this site
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »
Quote from: Robsessed86;61347
Does anyone have an issue with  McAfee virus protection popping up a window saying "Warning: Suspicious site" detected every time they enter the site or push the back button??? Because I do. Plus I can't zoom in on any page or pic  on this site like I can on .net? I'm curious why? Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hmmm - have not seen that.  Next time you get that warning, can you copy the exact page URL and paste it here for me to further investigate?  Also, any other "details" that McAfee provides with that warning would be helpful too.

Regarding image zoom, if you find post #9 on this thread, can you not click the pic to enlarge it?  I can using IE11.  What browser are you using?
http://trx250r.org/threads/6653-Saber-569

Quote from: hickwheeler;61348
yes I have that same problem if I try to get on the full site on my phone. So I just use the android app. The down side of the app is I can't see voting or vote with it.

To be clear, when you say you have "that same problem..." - what specifically are you referring to?

Offline Piney0

Logging into this site
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 04:38:21 PM »
I have had that problem also.  I don't use antivirus, so it will redirect me to a website that isn't this one.  IMO, it's a plugin on this site that acts rouge, and redirects to another website.

OJ,  I'll PM you the webpage it redirects to, don't think you would want a link to a possibly malicious URL  posted here

Offline JesseA420

Logging into this site
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 10:06:26 PM »
i dont use antivirus and i have never had a redirect or any funky business happen.

rob i think the image zoom u are talking about, is when a file is uploaded to the site and is posted as an attachment, u click on it to open the picture to full size.
the pictures u are talking about that u dont have to click on to view are images embedded in the post, and hosted elsewhere such as photobucket or tinypic. i post pics this way because its simply easier to host all my photos on a free image hosting site and just link them so u can see the pic as part of the post and not have to click it to view the full sized image.
Quote from: Hawaiiysr;66760
Yup i sucked the head. taste like dirt.

[/FONT]

Offline shiflite

Logging into this site
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 10:07:24 AM »
I get the same thing when using BING search......But when using GOGGLE search it take me directly here...

Offline havinnoj

Logging into this site
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 05:55:19 PM »
Quote from: shiflite;61379
I get the same thing when using BING search......But when using GOGGLE search it take me directly here...

For troubleshooting purposes, can you elaborate on what you are specifically referring to here?

Offline Robsessed86

Logging into this site
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 08:20:57 PM »
So I'm using my cell phone when on this site and when having the issue with McAfee. I'm not sure if it is just B/c I'm on a phone and not a computer but whenever I hit the back button on any screen on this site McAfee will automatically stop me from going back a screen and it gives me an option to play it safe or visit anyway. And at the top of the screen it says McAfee antivirus Warning: Suspicious site. So I'm not sure why it does that.

Offline havinnoj

Logging into this site
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 07:33:55 PM »
UPDATE:
After discussing with McAfee, they determined that our site had not been actually "reviewed" since it became this forum.  They will be uprating our rating with their next release.

Offline Robsessed86

Logging into this site
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 05:31:18 AM »
2 thumbs up! Sounds great. Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38