TRX250r.org

Author Topic: New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid  (Read 18972 times)

Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 05:51:22 PM »
Quote from: hickwheeler;64149
Cool starting to come together

yes. time to get the motor mounts finalized.  i was throwing around a few different versions.  I believe i nailed it down.

john

Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 06:34:09 AM »
some progress.  I got the radiator figured out.  I will weld on mounts and run the spigots on the opposite side.  just a lil cutting and welding.  see pics for mock-up.



john

Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 05:33:24 AM »
Radiator welded and installed.  It just will need a final polish before final assembly.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:23:45 PM by jcs003 »

Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2016, 07:48:41 AM »
front motor mounts in process.  I just need to cut the fish mouth and fit into place & weld.


Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 07:48:14 AM »
Front motor mounts complete:


Offline dem3500

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 09:17:37 AM »
Quote from: jcs003;66367
front motor mounts in process.  I just need to cut the fish mouth and fit into place & weld.


what kind of joints are these?
Facebook.com/toonutzcreations

Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 09:54:45 AM »
These are high thrust load rated heim rod ends.  Since the motor is biased left, this will allow easier alignment.  I use these on my motion base system with 6, 150 hp electric motors.

Basically this solution saved me a ton of extra fab work.

Offline dem3500

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 10:53:50 AM »
Quote from: jcs003;66557
These are high thrust load rated heim rod ends.  Since the motor is biased left, this will allow easier alignment.  I use these on my motion base system with 6, 150 hp electric motors.

Basically this solution saved me a ton of extra fab work.

so are they poly lined? kind of like an isolater bushing?
Facebook.com/toonutzcreations

Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 03:21:00 PM »
Quote from: dem3500;66566
so are they poly lined? kind of like an isolater bushing?

yes.  they are designed to handle a lateral/compression load, so when the heims are tightened down they wont distort.

john

Offline dem3500

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 03:24:11 PM »
Quote from: jcs003;66582
yes.  they are designed to handle a lateral/compression load, so when the heims are tightened down they wont distort.

john

those are cool! where did you get them? i dont have a use for them but id like to know that there an option if i ever need one
Facebook.com/toonutzcreations

Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2016, 04:42:17 AM »
Quote from: dem3500;66583
those are cool! where did you get them? i dont have a use for them but id like to know that there an option if i ever need one

McMaster-Carr.

Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2016, 05:02:44 AM »
getting all the motor mounts fit up and will be finish welding soon.


Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 06:04:24 AM »
welding in process:


Offline troybilt

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2016, 10:05:57 AM »
Looks great John, love these hybrids!
Elsinore 496cc Saber

Offline jcs003

New Project: YFZ/Banshee Hybrid
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »
Quote from: troybilt;67047
Looks great John, love these hybrids!

Thanks Troy.