TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Michigan trails  (Read 5021 times)

Offline croat1

Michigan trails
« on: July 29, 2013, 01:15:22 AM »
hey guys:
sometime late August or early September I am going to go to Silverlake for a day then I would also like to hit some of the trails ( 2 days).  any suggestions on what trail system to go to?  any suggestions about camping sites and or renting a cabin?  

thanks
joe

Offline SRE

Michigan trails
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »
Look on the michigan dnr site for all the orv trail maps. This should be the link.  

http://michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_16839_50516---,00.html

Offline croat1

Michigan trails
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 11:56:03 AM »
Dan:
yes Baldwin and other trails  if I stay longer.

SRE:
thanks for the link.

any suggestions on where to stay/not to stay?  good places to eat?  good places to drink?

Offline SRE

Michigan trails
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 12:05:19 PM »
I have never ridden in baldwin. There are a lot of trails in Cadillac and houghton lake area.  You are allowed to ride on most of the roads in these areas. The best trails
are the ones that are used for snowmobiles in the winter. They are nice and wide. Some of those Orv trails are barely big enough for a fourwheeler. There are some nice trails
around grayling M72 area.

Offline supernutt

Michigan trails
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »
Never been to Baldwin but it is on my list of things to do.  Not too far from Silver Lake either. We usually ride by Rose City and Mio.  There are wide trails and narrow trails there.  So if you get bored on the wide county roads you can hit the narrower trails for a challenge sometimes.  St. Helen wasnt too bad but have only been there once and really didnt know where we were going.
86r 310 pro-x C-Leigh ported TRX5 CR ignition HLS shocks 38pwk
97 Laeger XC narrow CR500 link +4  t-pin
89 trx250r PEP ported ct mid pipe

Offline genoapb

Michigan trails
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 04:14:11 AM »
The trails in baldwin are awesome, theyre wide and groomed with a gas station you can drive to kinda middle ish. We usually stay at the north country campground, which you can ride straight to the trails. There is a big O and a little o and you can combine them for a longer ride. There is a bike shop near by called pea**** and an excellent diner, club m37 we always hit for dinner as well as mother cuboards for breakfast.

Offline Morse250r

Michigan trails
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
Yea I've ridden big o and little o tin cup they are nice trails for sure. There is a decent trail just north of Muskegon I belive it was by twin lakes or something like that
Packard built puma "bad investment"
88 rb racing duner
Trx 70\'s
Atc 125

Offline Quinnlt4

Michigan trails
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 01:38:27 AM »
Definitely hit Baldwin if you can. I have been to most on the west side of the state and its my favorite area. Also, I have been chased off some off the snowmobile trails by the DNR. They don't like atvs whooping out there trails. Just a heads up.
1986 Laeger wannabe

Offline Allison#51

Michigan trails
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 02:21:40 AM »
I've rode tin cup, rose city, and live a couple miles from leota. It's hard to say which is best. I think I had the most fun in rosé city but last time we were there they had some of the hill climbs fenced off. You can still get to a lot of them if you try hard enough though. I think you could probably ride from leota to all the way up by the bridge without having to go down any paved roads.

Offline Quinnlt4

Michigan trails
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 06:17:43 PM »
I was at leato a few weeks ago. To tight for my liking. I am 47.5" wide.
1986 Laeger wannabe

Offline Allison#51

Michigan trails
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 02:30:41 AM »
Quote from: Quinnlt4;7121
I was at leato a few weeks ago. To tight for my liking. I am 47.5" wide.

Really? I'm at 48.25" and I feel comfortable out there but I like the technical stuff. You'll have to try some of the snowmobile trails there nice and wide open. Not sure if we're supposed to be on them but there fun.

Offline croat1

Michigan trails
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 12:55:20 AM »
thanks for the info fellas.  planned date is Sept. 27,28 and 29.  hitting Silverlake on the 27th and then the trials on the 28th and 29th. looking to hit more of the narrow/technical trails.
going rain or shine...can't wait!!!  looks like it will be my one and only riding trip this year

thanks again
joe

Offline Sky

Michigan trails
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »
Baldwin is a blast Croat! We are going on our annual Quadcation September 20 weekend. We are stayin at North Campground too. Run down and the owner is a trip! She is comical after say 4pm.... I would love to have you meet up with us. We are possibly going to Baldwin on Thursday and Friday(maybe Saturday) then leaving out Saturday for Silverlake and hit the sand Saturday/Sunday. Best of both worlds! Some of the boys are bringing four pokes so plenty of guys to embarrass  lol. Genoa is right, there is a few pull up gas stations, but with running race gas I need to have a refill on my quad. This year I am going to leave race gas at strategic locations on the trails so I dont have to carry. The one and only advantage I see a four stroke has. Im in the market now looking for an oversized tank to help the issue.

Offline Flyin_250r

Michigan trails
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »
Man I wish my ride was done. Only ever been to silverlake once and loved it. Be anyone ever invite dtowndiesel from atvriders here? Doug is a great guy and has a sick lobo and a few secret rides lol

Offline croat1

Michigan trails
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 01:07:23 PM »
Quote from: Sky;9062
Baldwin is a blast Croat! We are going on our annual Quadcation September 20 weekend. We are stayin at North Campground too. Run down and the owner is a trip! She is comical after say 4pm.... I would love to have you meet up with us. We are possibly going to Baldwin on Thursday and Friday(maybe Saturday) then leaving out Saturday for Silverlake and hit the sand Saturday/Sunday. Best of both worlds! Some of the boys are bringing four pokes so plenty of guys to embarrass  lol. Genoa is right, there is a few pull up gas stations, but with running race gas I need to have a refill on my quad. This year I am going to leave race gas at strategic locations on the trails so I dont have to carry. The one and only advantage I see a four stroke has. Im in the market now looking for an oversized tank to help the issue.

my initial dates have changed....we will be at Baldwin some time late afternoon on Sept. 19.  hitting the trails on the 20th and then the dunes on the 21st.  we have half a day to kill on the 22nd...most likely the trails.

Sky: can you please pm me your phone number.  I have a few questions to ask.

thanks
joe

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38