TRX250r.org

Author Topic: TORN Round 1, Oak Hill, Decatur, TX 3-19  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Onski326

TORN Round 1, Oak Hill, Decatur, TX 3-19
« on: March 20, 2016, 10:14:01 AM »
Time for 2016 race reports. To start with, it was kinda sad to see such a small turnout. Especially for the first race of the season. Usually it brings out everyone and their brother. But it felt more like the last race of the season. Only 37 quads total. I know last year kinda killed the series a little because they basically had to postpone the whole 1st half of the season due to rain in our area. Yes, I know it's XC racing but here they lease out farm and ranch ground and it's not so much the quads tearing the property up as it is the rigs and haulers tearing up good pasture ground that they're worried about and I can't really blame them growing up on a farm and all. So anyway, they dropped the series down to just 5 classes for quads. I ran the Over 30 which encompasses anyone over 30 (40, 50, 60+). I think there was 11 or 12 in our class. Had 3rd on the holeshot and then stalled the quad about halfway through the first lap. Ended up dropping back to last and somehow got all the way back up into 2nd by the end of the 70 minute race. 3rd place was a PITA to get around. I think I followed him for a lap and a half before I just straight-up cut him off going into a corner. I don't really like racing that aggressively but I was getting a little frustrated. At the end of the race I think I had a minute or so on him so I didn't feel too bad. I felt great even though I haven't been able to work out like I want to due to my work load at the shop lately. And I think I finally got that new PWK dialed in a bit better. Leaned the needle out 1 clip and took the a/f screw from 1 turn out to 2.5. I think I had it pretty rich last race and that killed me out of the corners. Had a lot more pep in her step this time. She really did me proud. I can't believe how that ESR310PV motor pulls. I use to loose a quad or two coming out of the corners if I was on their bumper going in, but she stayed glued to their bumper coming out of the corners this time. There just wasn't a lot of room to pass and only really 1 line around the track for the most part. Anway, long winded but super happy if you can't tell. Smoke on!!

Can't forget the sponsors; Onski Powersports, Toobz Audio, Scott Goggles, Kased Plates, Engine Ice, O'neal, Acerbis, Amsoil, ReplayXD, UNI filters, and Sunstar sprockets.
\'87 Honda TRX250R #326 Toobz Audio/OPS/KP Racing
\'08 Suzuki RM-Z250
\'05 Honda CRF250R
\'05 Honda TRX450R
Onski Powersports
Kased Plates-Lifetime Skid Plates

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38