TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Quadcross NW Albany, OR Round 2 5/21-22  (Read 9039 times)

Offline PNWrider

Quadcross NW Albany, OR Round 2 5/21-22
« on: May 18, 2016, 02:25:50 AM »
I'll be racing my 250r this coming weekend at Albany MX in Oregon. Wil post a race report and most likely a video or two. Will be in the Production C class.

Race Update 5/23/16

Saturday
Moto 1
Forgot to hit record on the gopro so no footage on this one. Got 2nd to last on the holeshot out of 12 (I'm still not used to starting on concrete). Passed a few in the first corner and got to about the middle of the pack. At this time we hadn't had any rain so the track was pretty much perfect. was able to get up to 4th by the end of the first lap. After that I was having trouble making passes as this is the narrowest track of the series from what I've heard. Eventually I made it all up to 2nd and finished with that.

Moto 2
Got a middle of the pack start and got up to 5th after the first corner. Stayed there until eventually able to pass and was able to make it all the way up to 3rd then I made a mistake and did a donut sliding around a corner. Don't think I could've had a better recovery. Got passed again but the rider had a hole blow thru her exhaust (why it got so loud), giving me the opportunity to catch up and move back into 3rd which is where I finished for that race. Fortunately for me, that put me in my first podium spot and 1st overall!! I was so excited as I was patiently waiting for the results to be posted.

[video=youtube;KS0je0MjMjc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS0je0MjMjc[/video]

[video=youtube;S9TBy44AGAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9TBy44AGAA[/video]

Sunday

Moto 1
The day started out rough, track was a mess, had no practice to groom it out, and I was locked out of my truck which had some of my gear in it. Fortunately we have a great quad racing family and was able to get everything I needed for moto 1 which was the first race of the day. I was wearing my northface windbreaker as my jersey but It did well to keep me dry. I got a better start today even with a wet track and this race I ended up in 2nd place, so a great start to the day even with my quad overheating by the end of that race. Now back to trying to get my truck unlocked, which ended up taking all morning. Finally got it unlocked about 20 minutes before my next race. By this time I was just dead tired from everything this weekend.

Moto 2 (video soon)
After getting the rest of my gear out of the truck including my gopro was finally ready to race. Or so I thought I was. Got another middle of the pack start, and I just was having alot of trouble passing this moto. My goggles I borrowed because they had roll offs were not tight enough and ended up getting dirt in my eyes and my right grip was slipping off. All in all this wasn't a fun race for me, ended up 5th this moto and 4th overall for the day.

Had a great weekend with great people and have lots of work to do physically and mentally to last a full weekend of racing. But the bike did great, LED motor performed well and no issues, (the overheating was my fault). Going to try working on the holeshots when I can, I feel if I get out front that I will be gone quick.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:00:24 PM by PNWrider »

Offline rablack21

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 07:49:58 AM »
Awesome. Can't wait to see it! Good luck sir.
Got everything set up and ready? caster, camber, toe, ride height, chain tensioned, oil level checked,motor mounts tight, lug nuts checked,cables lubed?

Offline PNWrider

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 10:19:27 AM »
Quote from: rablack21;67587
Awesome. Can't wait to see it! Good luck sir.
Got everything set up and ready? caster, camber, toe, ride height, chain tensioned, oil level checked,motor mounts tight, lug nuts checked,cables lubed?
Thanks man! Yup got everything looked over and remembered my neck brace this time so the fiancé will be happy about that. Also looks like I have the day off today so I might head to the track early!

Offline Skeans1

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 02:52:48 PM »
Quote from: PNWrider;67628
Thanks man! Yup got everything looked over and remembered my neck brace this time so the fiancé will be happy about that. Also looks like I have the day off today so I might head to the track early!

Nice Bryan have fun with Portland traffic, good luck this weekend.

Offline broken1

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 03:31:57 PM »
I've lived about 30min away from that track my whole life & only been there once to watch a friends kids.lol...   Good luck, have fun & be safe down there.

Offline PNWrider

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 02:00:56 PM »
Updated at the top of this thread

Offline JoePA

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 04:33:00 PM »
Oh My!!! Loved it. I was watching it at work yelling at the screen...stay in it..stay in it. Pass em...pass em! LOL Great job

Offline rablack21

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 04:45:52 PM »
(Moto 2 video) Git out my way, 4 stroke! LOL! I love it.

Offline PNWrider

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 10:20:07 AM »
Thanks guys! I had an awesome time. I am actually 3rd in this class series even with racing in a different class at round 1 so I'm going to try and bring home a win for the 250r at the end of the year at Washougal MX

Here is Sunday's moto 2, I was beat by this time and was having issues passing with the poor track conditions.

[video=youtube;--H-M4HgxXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=--H-M4HgxXY[/video]

Offline rablack21

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 10:27:05 AM »
Quote from: PNWrider;67753
Thanks guys! I had an awesome time. I am actually 3rd in this class series even with racing in a different class at round 1 so I'm going to try and bring home a win for the 250r at the end of the year at Washougal MX

Here is Sunday's moto 2, I was beat by this time and was having issues passing with the poor track conditions.
[video]https://youtu.be/--H-M4HgxXY[/video]
So were these back to back races? Saturday and Sunday? If so, dang, that's a lot of racing in a short period of time.

Offline PNWrider

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:51 AM »
Quote from: rablack21;67754
So were these back to back races? Saturday and Sunday? If so, dang, that's a lot of racing in a short period of time.

Yup they're back to back, so four races total per class each race weekend. We have usuall 12-16 classes racing twice a day so there is a few hours between the two motos.

Offline zcarlson12

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 12:45:15 PM »
Awesome man! Looked like fun. Motor sounds good but I have a question. What tire pressure are you running? I don't know why but it just seems to me like you are hard on the throttle/pinned and it doesn't look like the bike is pulling I guess. It also looked slick in the video so you were probably spinning. I know we talked about gearing too and I'm pretty sure you were close on that. When is the last time you put a clutch in it? I don't know why but for some reason when I watch the video that's what I see. Not trying to attack you or anything just curious.
Laeger 310R

Offline PNWrider

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 01:29:29 PM »
[MENTION=103]zcarlson12[/MENTION] thanks for that input! Because honestly it felt like my quad was missing something whenever I got passed 2nd gear. I haven't changed the clutch out for a while and I do have the 400ex plate with cr500 springs along with the 89 update. I'm running 8psi in the rears and using itp grooved turf tamers

Offline rablack21

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 01:45:17 PM »
I agree with Zak. I think your clutch is probably fine then, but I'm thinking your psi is a bit high for a wet hard packed track on turf tamers. I think you would see an improvement in traction dropping down to 6 or even 5psi. Believe it or not, it can make a pretty good difference.

Offline zcarlson12

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 02:11:10 PM »
Just for reference, I run 6psi in my 18x10-8 itp mxr6's and 8-9psi in my 20x6-10 itp quad cross fronts. Like Ryan said, a few psi can make a big difference in handling and traction. How long is a while on the clutch/how many races? I am by no means an expert on any of this stuff, I'm just going by my own experiences.
Laeger 310R

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38