TRX250r.org

Author Topic: QXNW Rnd 5-6 Riverdale raceway wa  (Read 4794 times)

Offline PNWrider

QXNW Rnd 5-6 Riverdale raceway wa
« on: June 20, 2016, 01:55:08 PM »
This weekend was not my weekend. I missed the first race on Saturday because my clutch burned out on practice. That was the issue the whole time at my last race. Also I forgot my spare clutch. Fortunately I did only live 45 minutes away and was able to get it swapped out before moto 2.

Moto 2 start I got 2nd to last, I just was ready for the gate drop. I didn't have my GoPro on but my step dad recorded it from his phone. Parts that were cut out you couldn't see us in the back and for a second he filmed the wrong guy lol. I was able to work my way all the way up to first and get a big lead. Not knowing how big my lead was I was still pinning it. I overshot one of the table top step downs and flat landed. Went home with last overall for the day and a sprained foot/ankle.

[video=youtube;zlBqGlOkcrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlBqGlOkcrE[/video]

Offline rablack21

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 05:31:45 PM »
Dang it boy! You did have a rough weekend. I applaud your effort thought. You can't race without having days like this. But you'll learn a lot from them also and be better for it next time.

Offline zcarlson12

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 10:20:52 PM »
Tough weekend for sure. Hopefully the ankle/foot recovers quick. I had a feeling the problem was the clutch. Glad you figured it out. What about tire pressure? Did you adjust it at all from the last race?
Laeger 310R

Offline PNWrider

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 03:52:27 PM »
This round was definitely the biggest learning experience so far. And no I didn't really have time to mess with my tire pressure, but the holeshot was definitely rider error lol

Offline Skeans1

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 03:56:35 PM »
Quote from: PNWrider;68360
This round was definitely the biggest learning experience so far. And no I didn't really have time to mess with my tire pressure, but the holeshot was definitely rider error lol

Let us know next time maybe [MENTION=1441]The norm[/MENTION] and I will make it up.

Offline Goose

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 05:19:38 PM »
What series do you run?
Never rode a quad @ riverdale track looks fun, different from a few yrs ago when I was there last.
You Looked good, sucks about the cutch but there's always next time.

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 05:58:11 PM »
Dang sorry to hear about the clutch and the ending position.  Thanks for the ride report and video though!  How is the rider turn out up there?

Offline PNWrider

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 02:17:16 AM »
Quote from: Goose;68365
What series do you run?
Never rode a quad @ riverdale track looks fun, different from a few yrs ago when I was there last.
You Looked good, sucks about the cutch but there's always next time.
This is the Quadcross NW series, I'm not sure if there is any other mx quad series in this area. Riverdale was actually my favorite track so far, although I am excited to race at Straddleline next since that is my local track.  [MENTION=87]havinnoj[/MENTION] there was about 130 racers this round, there's been consistently 120+ each race so far. Been loads of fun and meet lots of cool people who love quads just aso much as us. Unfortunately I'm the only R showing up, although at the Albany race there were 2 Rs in the women's class which was cool to see.

Offline Goose

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »
That's not a bad turn out, I've only rode straddleline backwards for a couple poker runs.  That should be fun though. Looks like a pretty cool somewhat local series.

Offline Skeans1

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 04:16:44 PM »
Quote from: PNWrider;68431
This is the Quadcross NW series, I'm not sure if there is any other mx quad series in this area. Riverdale was actually my favorite track so far, although I am excited to race at Straddleline next since that is my local track.  [MENTION=87]havinnoj[/MENTION] there was about 130 racers this round, there's been consistently 120+ each race so far. Been loads of fun and meet lots of cool people who love quads just aso much as us. Unfortunately I'm the only R showing up, although at the Albany race there were 2 Rs in the women's class which was cool to see.

They use to race quads at Woodland not sure if they still do or if the track is even still open.

Offline Goose

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 03:06:23 AM »
I believe woodland is a winter only series/Track now but could be wrong. Didn't know they allowed quads out there.
Might have to go check out the straddleline round. My brother in law is wanting to prove how fast he is on his 450 on a track. so maybe I'll see if I can get him to race it hahaha

Offline PNWrider

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 09:24:56 PM »
Quote from: Goose;68450
I believe woodland is a winter only series/Track now but could be wrong. Didn't know they allowed quads out there.
Might have to go check out the straddleline round. My brother in law is wanting to prove how fast he is on his 450 on a track. so maybe I'll see if I can get him to race it hahaha

I should be at straddleline racing Production C if the foot starts healing soon. Also there is a group of quads practicing tomorrow and Sunday if your brother in law wants to practice first.

Offline Goose

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 10:47:31 PM »
He's on his way to st anthonys right now.

He'll definitely have to practice. He's never rode a "track"   I have a decent pitbike track at my house he rides his quad on. Only track he's rode.
I'm
 trying to get my r together then probably go to riverdale or somewhere with him on the quads.

Thinking I'll just come watch straddleline. Haven't been there for a race since the old PacWest  bike days.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38