TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Cool article...  (Read 2215 times)

Offline CADWELL

Cool article...
« on: September 24, 2013, 10:26:40 PM »
lFound an article on line while I was doing some research on CT Racing and Mark Laeger. I'm trying to connect the dots on what Laeger jigged Hybrids were built by Allen Knowles. Not that it matters, but I'm trying to get to the bottom of how many True CRF's Mark himself actually built and how many true CRF's CT Built with the Laeger jigs...

Anyways article mentions Wayne Meridian from PEP and some other companies that were innovators of long travel suspensions..pretty cool read...

http://www.atvrideronline.com/features/0909_atvp_truth_about_atv_suspension/viewall.html

Damn auto correct spellchecker. ...jiggled haha...meant to type jigged.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:21:26 AM by CADWELL »

Offline ryanowarrior

Cool article...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »
Yup good read..I've heard several different stories on this...they claim there's not to many true laeger crf's before laeger sold the jigs to CT...last I heard the jigs disappeared!
Quinn MotorSports - White Chassis
Laeger Crf
Laeger R
Walsh R
Walsh Crf (in the works)

Offline CADWELL

Cool article...
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 02:15:29 AM »
Quote from: ryanowarrior;12975
Yup good read..I've heard several different stories on this...they claim there's not to many true laeger crf's before laeger sold the jigs to CT...last I heard the jigs disappeared!

haha...crazy...

BTW ryanowarroir....wasn't Norris's Laeger CRF cat scanned from a company that had good money backing that was gonna delve into the hybrid market??

OK next quest....where are the fuggin jigs at damn it lol....

Offline Hawaiiysr

Cool article...
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 02:16:14 AM »
Yes good read. What's up with CT? Hot and cold I tell you. Jiggs disappeared? Or they just don't want to make the frame? Same goes for QT covers. Don't make them anymore and will not do a run. But from time to time someone will say " I talked to allen and he found four"

Offline ryanowarrior

Cool article...
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 03:58:12 PM »
Quote from: CADWELL;12989
haha...crazy...

BTW ryanowarroir....wasn't Norris's Laeger CRF cat scanned from a company that had good money backing that was gonna delve into the hybrid market??

OK next quest....where are the fuggin jigs at damn it lol....

yup sure was man..haven't ask Norris what the deal with all that stuff is lately! I know last he said they were tryin to get parts lined up from suppliers. Now that's a true laeger crf he's got. Mine is a laeger/ct lol

im sure one of the 2 know right where they are at :D
Quinn MotorSports - White Chassis
Laeger Crf
Laeger R
Walsh R
Walsh Crf (in the works)

Offline protrax

Cool article...
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »
Man we gotta figure this mystery out guys I have 2 Laeger CRF
And gotta say when they do come up for sale bam there gone
There the best of the breed IMO

Offline 05450r

Cool article...
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »
Wasnt there an old rumor about some frame jigs stolen,might not be Laeger but am I remembering this correctly?
04 450r XC
LNP Like New Parts Powder Coating

Offline CADWELL

Cool article...
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 05:53:39 PM »
Quote from: ryanowarrior;13035
yup sure was man..haven't ask Norris what the deal with all that stuff is lately! I know last he said they were tryin to get parts lined up from suppliers. Now that's a true laeger crf he's got. Mine is a laeger/ct lol

im sure one of the 2 know right where they are at :D

Yeah, I'm pretty sure mine is a CT built CRF as well based on some research I've done.

Quote from: protrax;13038
Man we gotta figure this mystery out guys I have 2 Laeger CRF
And gotta say when they do come up for sale bam there gone
There the best of the breed IMO

Wish someone some where could get an interview from the man himself to get some answers. How and why did the jigs end up with Allen Knowles....Why did he sell the rights to the company named after his own name...The production backing probably had more to do with this reason...

Quote from: 05450r;13039
Wasnt there an old rumor about some frame jigs stolen,might not be Laeger but am I remembering this correctly?

I haven't dug anything up on stolen jigs, but wouldn't it be crazy of for some reason Honda had them haha..

Which it's worth mentioning, I was talking with Rudy from Dirt Fiend Racing and he mentioned a very simple solution for Honda's next TRX...Why not bring back the TRX250R frame in round tube chromoly and throw a EFI CRF motor in it and call it a day lol.....Brilliant!!!!

Offline JoePA

Cool article...
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 12:04:02 PM »
Quote from: CADWELL;13050
I was talking with Rudy from Dirt Fiend Racing and he mentioned a very simple solution for Honda's next TRX...Why not bring back the TRX250R frame in round tube chromoly and throw a EFI CRF motor in it and call it a day lol.....Brilliant!!!!

How awesome of a machine would that be!! AND...if they brought the 250R back! WE have a better chance of getting the round tube 250R chassis with an EFI CRF engine.

Offline Fear250r

Cool article...
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Quote from: CADWELL;13050

Which it's worth mentioning, I was talking with Rudy from Dirt Fiend Racing and he mentioned a very simple solution for Honda's next TRX...Why not bring back the TRX250R frame in round tube chromoly and throw a (( 350PV )) in it and call it a day lol.....Brilliant!!!!

I wasn't going to say (type) anything but apparently my message is too short...so...here's my idea...lol
In house hybrid ball buster