TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Ignition setups  (Read 6645 times)

Offline havinnoj

Re: Ignition setups
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 12:28:11 PM »
CR is all I've ran, heard about some set-up struggles with PVL but no experience myself.  $750 isn't exactly a deal for a CR250 ignition as the going-rate seems lower than that eBay price. w

Offline Sand_Blaster

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
I paid $545 I think for my cr ign last year. I can't believe how much they've gone up. It dosent help the zilla guys also run the cr ign to. That $700 eBay cr ignition that was posted looks almost brand new.
87 Trx250r & 99 Banshee

Offline F-Red

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2018, 02:52:31 PM »
Member Dave (rsss396). I member. He did a lot of testing on the different CR ignitions. Miss that guy. He posted many graphs on timing curves. I member, he said that one the years CR125 was close to the 01 CR250. He even had the capability of mapping. A great resource lost.

Want To See My Wieners?

Offline 2Nubs

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »
Member Dave (rsss396). I member. He did a lot of testing on the different CR ignitions. Miss that guy. He posted many graphs on timing curves. I member, he said that one the years CR125 was close to the 01 CR250. He even had the capability of mapping. A great resource lost.

Hate to hear he's gone. Sign-on name looks like he was a fellow hot rodder, too.
‘86 330

Offline jcs003

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2018, 09:24:39 AM »

Hate to hear he's gone. Sign-on name looks like he was a fellow hot rodder, too.

dave is surely missed.  he is a wealth of knowledge.  we all learned a lot from him.

Offline Skeans1

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2018, 09:47:40 AM »
CR is all I've ran, heard about some set-up struggles with PVL but no experience myself.  $750 isn't exactly a deal for a CR250 ignition as the going-rate seems lower than that eBay price. w
What’s on the super for an ignition?

Offline atvcrazy

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2018, 10:42:43 AM »
Personally I can't tell a lot of difference between the stock stuff and the cr ignition.  Most people feel the cr as snappier it should be with the reduced flywheel weight.  The trx cod actually has more advance early on and will help low end response.  Problem with trx stuff is it's old and most times people have problems with the stator producing low current so the spark is weak.  I have the stock ignition on my little 310 with a slightly lightened flywheel and it works great.  You just need to close the spark plug gap a bit to compensate for a little less spark energy

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2018, 01:56:02 PM »
Personally I can't tell a lot of difference between the stock stuff and the cr ignition.  Most people feel the cr as snappier it should be with the reduced flywheel weight.  The trx cod actually has more advance early on and will help low end response.  Problem with trx stuff is it's old and most times people have problems with the stator producing low current so the spark is weak.  I have the stock ignition on my little 310 with a slightly lightened flywheel and it works great.  You just need to close the spark plug gap a bit to compensate for a little less spark energy

CR

Offline jcs003

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2018, 02:22:11 PM »

I feel there is no comparison.

more power everywhere, easier to start, better throttle response, more reliable components and felt like i had just did some port work on a stock cylinder.  once port work/head work was completed, the overall performance was incredible.

Offline Tbone07

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2018, 04:18:16 PM »
dave is surely missed.  he is a wealth of knowledge.  we all learned a lot from him.

Did something happen to him or is he just out of the hobby?
LED Performance 350R
Laegers-JD Performance-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline jcs003

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2018, 05:08:39 AM »

Did something happen to him or is he just out of the hobby?

not that i am aware of.  he just stopped coming to the site, so i assume he either is out of the sport or doesn't do the forum thing anymore.

Offline F-Red

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2018, 01:35:26 PM »
Here was an option, 5 years ago. Dave did a lot of researching on the CR500 ignition from Service Honda. Unfortunately, they are gone too.

http://www.forums.trx250r.org/index.php/topic,32.0.html
Want To See My Wieners?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38