TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Carb, pipe, and intake boot questions  (Read 3910 times)

Offline coops86250r

Re: Carb, pipe, and intake boot questions
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 02:53:03 AM »
Tbone07,

That is really good to hear about the ESR TRX5 pipe.  The rebuild has kind of gone sideways on me.  What was going to be a replace bearings and get it tuned up and running great has turned into a full on build lmao.  It all started with the rear axle and carrier.  I was going to do the carrier bearings and realized the axle was bent on both sides.  So, a new LSR axle was ordered along with billet carrier, brake stay, and hubs. 

Given the new axle is a good bit wider than stock, that meant I HAD to order new front suspension as well lol. ;)  Went with LSR DC-4 long travel with Elka 5's all the way around.  This led to a new steering stem and Precision clamps, Hiper wheels, all new plastics, carbon fiber parts, and the list is getting long at this point.  The more I look at the motor....... the more I can't leave it alone despite a fresh topend rebuild.  So I'm trying to get a hold of ESR and see what he can come up with for an engine package.  That guy can be a tough fella to get a hold of it seems!

The frame thankfully is in perfect condition, so I'm adding a Pumashine full gusset kit to it now and getting everything tidied up to send off for powder coating.

Once I get the frame back from powder coating I'll start a new thread documenting the build and progress.  My banshee frame took about a month so things won't happen fast but I can collect the parts in the mean time and be ready to build when the frame gets done. ;D

Stay tuned and I'll get things rolling as soon as I can.  Thank you everyone for your help and input........ it is greatly appreciated!

Tony
86' 250r, stock frame w/ Pumashine full gusset kit, ESR 330 PV, TRX-7 porting, TRX-5 pipe, ESR cases, 01 CR ignition, LoneStar long travel and stem, hiper wheels, fourwerx carbon fiber, Precision clamps, Renthal bars, ASV levers, Elka stage 5, 89 spindles, CCP stabilizer.

Offline Tbone07

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 10:26:51 AM »
Tbone07,

That is really good to hear about the ESR TRX5 pipe.  The rebuild has kind of gone sideways on me.  What was going to be a replace bearings and get it tuned up and running great has turned into a full on build lmao.

...So I'm trying to get a hold of ESR and see what he can come up with for an engine package.  That guy can be a tough fella to get a hold of it seems!

Once I get the frame back from powder coating I'll start a new thread documenting the build and progress.

Tony

The only thing left original from my original 250r is the plastics, So I and just about everybody on this site knows how crazy you can get on a build. It's an obsession.

Eddie @ ESR is in the middle of moving his shop. If you need to place an order, the best way is just to do it through his website. But yes if you want to talk to him he can be hard to contact. Maybe shoot him an email and he can call back at his convenience.

Well we'd love to see a build thread on this site. There hasn't been a good one in quite some time. Look forward to seeing your progress!
LED Performance 350R
Laegers-JD Performance-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline F-Red

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 12:58:56 PM »
The rebuild has kind of gone sideways on me.  What was going to be a replace bearings and get it tuned up and running great has turned into a full on build lmao. 

Ah! The proverbial opening of a can of worms. Been there done that. Oh honey, just going to spend a few hundred bucks. You'll get the satisfaction, of doing it the right way. Good luck and enjoy.
Want To See My Wieners?

Offline meathead

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 10:20:13 PM »
Hello, as far as the carb goes, your 35mm will give you more low end power. Which is desirable for trail riding IMO. The induction charge moves faster at lower rpm, as opposed to a 38 mm ,causing the air / fuel to mix better for a better burn, hence more low end. I have a 35 mm air stryker and it has gobbs of low end. I do a lot of trail riding.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 10:31:23 PM by meathead »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38