TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Silencer turn downs made easy  (Read 1741 times)

Offline broken1

Silencer turn downs made easy
« on: February 11, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »
4-5 years ago I got in on making a Cascade style silencer along with a few other members. I couldn't find just the right perforated tube that I wanted for the core & also didn't have a good way to bend a smooth radius for the turn down. Up in the shop last weekend I noticed some stainless handicap rails that I've seen a hundred times but never gave them a second thought. This time a light turned on so I grabbed all 3 & started messing around. It's 1.25" OD & about .050" wall. One style has a nice exposed 3 hole flange & the other one has raised spots on the flange for an escutcheon. I cut an end off with the exposed 3 hole flange & it's going to work perfect as a turn down for the Cascade copy I'm working on:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 12:45:46 PM by broken1 »

Offline Jerry Hall

Re: Silencer turn downs made easy
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 07:45:12 PM »
If anyone is needing production quantity tube bending, I have 3 mandrel tube benders and a lot of dies for a wide assortment of tubing diameters, wall thicknesses, and center line bend radi.  Two of the semi automatic machines will make bends on tubing up to 2.00" OD and 15' long. anywhere between zero and 180 deg. and up to 10 bends with zero 359 deg clocking between bends.  Minimum spacing between bends depends upon the length of the clamping die.  Clamping dies are usually in the 3" to 6" in range The CNC tubing bender will do anything the semi-automatic machines will do, but a lot faster and up to 3.0" OD tubing.

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 09:28:56 PM »
4-5 years ago I got in on making a Cascade style silencer along with a few other members. I couldn't find just the right perforated tube that I wanted for the core & also didn't have a good way to bend a smooth radius for the turn down. Up in the shop last weekend I noticed some stainless handicap rails that I've seen a hundred times but never gave them a second thought. This time a light turned on so I grabbed all 3 & started messing around. It's 1.25" OD & about .050" wall. One style has a nice exposed 3 hole flange & the other one has raised spots on the flange for an escutcheon. I cut an end off with the exposed 3 hole flange & it's going to work perfect as a turn down for the Cascade copy I'm working on:

Sweet Kevin!  If you want to borrow mine for any measurements or see what's on the inside, feel free.

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 09:29:12 PM »
If anyone is needing production quantity tube bending, I have 3 mandrel tube benders and a lot of dies for a wide assortment of tubing diameters, wall thicknesses, and center line bend radi.  Two of the semi automatic machines will make bends on tubing up to 2.00" OD and 15' long. anywhere between zero and 180 deg. and up to 10 bends with zero 359 deg clocking between bends.  Minimum spacing between bends depends upon the length of the clamping die.  Clamping dies are usually in the 3" to 6" in range The CNC tubing bender will do anything the semi-automatic machines will do, but a lot faster and up to 3.0" OD tubing.

Nice Jerry! 

Offline broken1

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 12:07:16 AM »
Thank you Ryan! I really appreciate the offer but I already have it worked out in my head.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38