TRX250r.org

Author Topic: New from PNW  (Read 273 times)

Offline Rooster

New from PNW
« on: March 08, 2020, 05:47:46 AM »
Hi guys and girls.  Looks like you have a great site here, and I'm pretty picky where I spend my limited amount of forum time.  I've lurked for years on the other site (I think I'm a member but never took time to log in), then it went the wrong direction for my liking so I quit lurking.  I've been a rider all my life.  I'm a lifelong PNW CR500 rider .....well, 35 years worth and still counting (on my two '86ers - one of which I've had since '89).  Also currently ride '86 TRX250R, '06 Raptor700, '09 YFZ450R, '85 FL350R (yeah, an Odyssey), '83 & '85 ATC200x's, '83 ATC200E, several YZ250's, '04 E-Glide Ultra Limited, and '05 Sportster Low.  Past rides include many euro dirt bikes, several ATC's, and an '85 ATC250R.  I'm a 61 year young kid that refuses to put aside what helps makes my life enjoyable.  I raised my boys on bikes as well, which gave me the best riding partners a guy could ask for.  I see familiar members here from the other site, as well as 3WW and CR500Riders.  One of my bucket list items has always been to drop my extra '86 CR500 motor in one of my 250R's, but have now changed direction and am looking seriously at many of the modern 250R motor upgrades available (i.e. ESR, LRD, etc.).  We ride E. & W. WA (I grew up near SeaTac), N. & S. Idaho, and my favorite place in the whole world, Oregon Dunes.  Winchester is my favorite for base camp, and we always stay at Discovery Point.  Reedsport is a cool place with an awesome community.  Over the years, we've progressed from tent camping (in an RV site, of course), to dragging the RV all the way to Oregon, and finally into the condos.  There's nothing better than having a big garage for all the toys 8).  We try to do a long distance trip to a new riding venue every other summer.  I look forward to a more interactive level with this site, now that I signed on, and hopefully a chance to meet up with some of what seem to be a great group of like-minded peeps.  I'll get some pics loaded up in the next few visits.  Thanks for letting me join in!!

PDXTRX Jason, I finally made it over.  Good to see you here.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 05:50:12 AM by Rooster »

Online evaneyeball

Re: New from PNW
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 08:34:28 AM »
sounds like you got alot of toys, good luck on the forum, this forum is way better than the other 250r forum you actually get anwsers without arguing. and on the wanting your motor done ive really only worked with LED hes building my motor to 269 hot rods crank and some other stuff but i have nothing bad to say about him, he does good work and at not too bad of a price for what quality it is.(coming from someone that is too young to get a job, only yard work for me)  what are you thinking about doing to your motor. and welcome to the forum
LED built 269

Offline The norm

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 11:06:45 AM »
Hey there Rooster, welcome to the site. I love Winchester! I ride there with my two boys as much as life permits. They are 12 and 13 and both ride 250R'S. Again welcome aboard
Loren
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering 391(Good bye super 310)
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering  ported stock 86 cylinder
1986 Trx250r-- craigslist engine with unknown ported 89 cylinder.
1985 Atc250r-- Needs a lot of work (Super 310's new home)

Offline Rooster

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 02:05:19 PM »
sounds like you got alot of toys, good luck on the forum, this forum is way better than the other 250r forum you actually get anwsers without arguing. and on the wanting your motor done ive really only worked with LED hes building my motor to 269 hot rods crank and some other stuff but i have nothing bad to say about him, he does good work and at not too bad of a price for what quality it is.(coming from someone that is too young to get a job, only yard work for me)  what are you thinking about doing to your motor. and welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome.  Just noticed I typed LRD incorrectly, but meant LED.  I know LRD (Arlan's) is no more.  Anyway, I'm looking to have Arlan or Eddie do the machine work.  I'm a big boy at 260lb / 6'5".  The stock R is an awesome motor, but I've always wanted more, as long as I can get all the dependability I'm used to.  We do long remote rides in the N. Idaho Panhandle woods, where I hate having breakdowns.  All my R's and CR's have been super dependable in stock/near stock form.  I'm tempted to find another complete 250R motor allocated for mods, so I can keep my original motor intact.  I'd like to do a 370PV motor for versatility of terrain (both woods and sand), but I am on somewhat of a budget.  I've even contemplated long-travel suspension for the R, but am holding off.  That's why I bought the YFZ.  It's time to give the old R a lot of love so it has a chance to be all it can be :)

Hey there Rooster, welcome to the site. I love Winchester! I ride there with my two boys as much as life permits. They are 12 and 13 and both ride 250R'S. Again welcome aboard
Loren

Thanks Loren (great name btw - it's my middle name  8) ).  I'm blessed for many reasons to be located in the incredible PNW.  There is still nothing better in my mind than family togetherness in all activities.  I have been a big part of my 4 grandkids becoming involved with the 2 and 4-wheeled sports (Grandpa gets to buy their first dirt bikes, but their Dad has to buy the quads).  Be very proud that you've got your boys headed in the right direction with you.... and on R's  8).  Very cool!  We all unfortunately have to let loose at some point and let them choose their way.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:28:12 PM by Rooster »

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 02:24:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum Rooster!  Hope to see you on the sand one of these months!  Do you have any trips planned?

Offline Rooster

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 02:47:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum Rooster!  Hope to see you on the sand one of these months!  Do you have any trips planned?

Thanks!  No trips planned going West this year, but maybe next year.  We like to come in just after DuneFest clears out.  It's like having the entire run from Winnie to Coos all to yourself.  The condo needs at least a year advance to get reservations.

We usually do a quick 2hr jaunt to Moses Lake or Juniper if we need a quick fix of sand riding.  That may happen this summer.  I'm really pushing the wifey to trade in our current 5th wheel for a garage 5th wheel.  Then we can make the trip to the coast and hunker down on the sand for a week or so.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:05:23 PM by Rooster »

Offline The norm

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 02:56:40 PM »
Hey Rooster, check out the Winchester R meet thread in the duner section.  We are going to have our 4th gathering August 13th-17th. Pretty much right after dunefest...
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering 391(Good bye super 310)
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering  ported stock 86 cylinder
1986 Trx250r-- craigslist engine with unknown ported 89 cylinder.
1985 Atc250r-- Needs a lot of work (Super 310's new home)

Offline Rooster

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 03:17:56 PM »
Hey Rooster, check out the Winchester R meet thread in the duner section.  We are going to have our 4th gathering August 13th-17th. Pretty much right after dunefest...

Thanks, I was just cruising thru some of the annual meet threads - I'll look it up.  Would love to think I could meet up with some R fanatics.  I usually try to make room for at least a couple 2-wheelers as well.  Last trip to Winnie, we only had one Honda on board.

Offline Rooster

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 07:36:57 PM »
The R in current status, less motor, getting ready for a tear-down and gusset kit.

Online evaneyeball

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 07:39:13 PM »
lookin alot like mine
LED built 269

Offline 2ndmoto

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2020, 11:30:29 PM »
Welcome to the site. I miss the Oregon Dunes. Love Reedsport. When I get up that way, I try to get out and sling some sand. Condo is a nice setup. I hope you get some good rides on that R

Best regards
-Jason

Online croat1

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 11:09:26 AM »
Rooster, welcome to ORG. 

Joe

Offline 2Nubs

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2020, 04:41:49 PM »
Welcome! You’re on the right side of the country for this site haha. Seems like most members are PNW.
‘86 330

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38