TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Staying at home sucks  (Read 241 times)

Online desertR

Staying at home sucks
« on: April 04, 2020, 11:24:49 PM »
Well, since this is the only time I've been able to get on the site today, I figured I shouldn't waste it. When I was a kid, every day the news would post the KIA's and MIA's for the Vietnam war, but it seemed like it was a million miles away. Now I get daily updates on the number of deaths locally, and in the country, from this new disease, and its hitting too close to home. I can't travel cause everything is shut down, I can't even fish. I am in the group that is highly susceptible to get it, it's starting to have it's effects on me. I'm trying to not get paranoid, but The TV and internet is all I have, and it's not much of a distraction. The dog hasn't been very talkative lately, and she is the only one that listens. I took the questionnaire on weather to get tested and the response was "not yet", I've put 50 miles on my car in the last three weeks. I know that non of this makes sense to some of you, but it does for me.
desertR

Offline evaneyeball

Re: Staying at home sucks
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 11:40:52 PM »
Indeed indeed staying at home sucks. I am hoping that this covid crap is over by next month and hoping everyone is ok and good after this and during
LED built 269

Online The norm

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 11:50:43 PM »
I have a hard time being at home as well. I have spent days tinkering on whatever I can find. I turn on the stereo and just fart around. I have given my boys some welding training and mechanical instruction. Tomorrow they are going to change the oil in my diesel pickup. I think this is another thing that will pass and we will look back on it later in life as an experience that made us stronger.  We just gotta keep on truckin!
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering 391(Good bye super 310)
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering  ported stock 86 cylinder
1986 Trx250r-- craigslist engine with unknown ported 89 cylinder.
1985 Atc250r-- Needs a lot of work (Super 310's new home)

Online Michael88R

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »
Sorry to hear that desert R.  Hang in there.  Stay safe. 

Iím actually kinda enjoying this quarantine.  Iím still working so lucky there I guess.  My wife is working from home.  I donít think home school is best for my son but weíre doing what we can.  On the weekends, Iím getting more done at home and actually enjoy being home.  We have a nice house with plenty to do and I enjoy being with just my family.  (Most of the time).  There are so many ways for my kids to entertain themselves with internet and streaming.  Iíve been getting R parts out of storage and listing them for sale.  Sold two engines and some miscellaneous parts.  Still organizing my shop.  Thatís a never ending task. 

88í R Esr 330PV, Esr trx7 porting, Esr trx6 pipe
88í R Esr ported stock cylinder, waiting for rebuild when my son gets a little older

Online Michael88R

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »
I know people in NY are going through hell.  Thoughts and prayers. 
88í R Esr ported stock cylinder, waiting for rebuild when my son gets a little older

Online Michael88R

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 05:25:52 PM »
Finding new things for m kids to do.  Dug out my old Sega and PS2.  It seems I have a one track mind. 

Offline broken1

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 09:46:12 PM »
My thoughts & prayers go out to those stuck at home with nothing to do... It's awesome you got out your old ps2 for the kids, my son & me have been playing the ps2 as well but mostly Tony Hawk underground. I have a few Tony Hawk games, a snowboard game, atv off-road fury 1 & 3, some racing games, deer hunt, a few medal of honor's & a few GTA's but he can't play those games yet. We've done a fair amount of puzzles to.
overkill is an often underrated achievement

Online The norm

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »
The wife made us play scrabble! All my favorite words are not allowed. WTF! We have also been playing a ton of other bordgames and card games. It is what it is!
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering 391(Good bye super 310)
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering  ported stock 86 cylinder
1986 Trx250r-- craigslist engine with unknown ported 89 cylinder.
1985 Atc250r-- Needs a lot of work (Super 310's new home)

Offline Tbone07

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 10:36:41 PM »
Best thing you can do is turn off the TV (especially the news). They only make money if people are watching, and they're gonna make as much money off of this pandemic as possible. I'm still lucky, that I've been working from home. But I'm getting a ton of stuff done around the house as well.

Made six base cabinets and a new 12ft long bench for my garage. Dug up all the old crappy flowerbeds in my backyard and turned them into a garden. Made a stand for my toolbox so I could get it off the bench. Made a few wader hangers so I could hang my duck hunting waders up by the boot.

I've got a laundry list of stuff to get done. Now I finally have the time to do it.

Keep yourself busy desertR. This will all be over sooner than later
LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline jwraymond6

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 11:04:57 PM »
Iím fortunate to still be working also I bought a house right before all this happened so weíve been busy trying to finish moving and setting up the new house and shop
87 363 sphynx built by Pete @ hybrid engineering

Offline 2Nubs

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 08:38:53 AM »
Im stuck at the lake. 5 tanks of fuel through the boat in 3 days. Nothing but grilled meals and Natty 30 packs. Not sure how long I can live like this lol.
Ď86 330

Online Action69

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 08:52:08 AM »
Iím here in nyc in Queens which is the epicenter of the country right now,Iíve been staying busy and away from the tv.My wife on the other hand is working from home and is going stir crazy,she works hard and normally goes to the gym 6 days a week so this is killing her on all fronts.Shes also watching a lot of the news and I think thatís getting to her.Its pretty surreal out here,we went from a bustling city to a ghost town.Im doing what Iím supposed to and staying put ,only going out for supplies when needed.Ive been getting some seat time in on my cr250 and Iím going to try and finish my 85 Atc and 86 R.Ive done a complete bathroom in my house so far,sold a lot of my R stuff and have a bunch of other projects on the list.The sooner we all comply,the sooner this will pass.Everyone stay safe and healthy.pray for those weíve lost as well as those on the front lines.It must take tremendous courage to get up every day and do what theyíre doing.

Offline Tbone07

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 12:45:11 PM »
Im stuck at the lake. 5 tanks of fuel through the boat in 3 days. Nothing but grilled meals and Natty 30 packs. Not sure how long I can live like this lol.

You poor thing lol
LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38