TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Please remove my threads  (Read 4954 times)

Offline desertR

Please remove my threads
« on: February 21, 2021, 03:24:46 PM »
i have worked hard at scrubbing my existence from the site, but I can't remove threads that I started, so apparently only a mod can do that. Since I have been told that my posts were condescending, I don't want to further offend anyone, and it appears that when you are attacked, unless you are one of the "chosen", you are left swinging in the wind. Since my post where I apologized was also deleted (by a mod?) I guess that was a good start.
desertR

Offline Jerry Hall

Re: Please remove my threads
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 04:43:20 PM »
When and where and to whom were you "condescending"?  I do not remember reading anything that I thought was condescending.

Online 2ndmoto

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 05:20:28 PM »
Hmm. I must have missed that one. I haven't seen any arguments/fighting here. Sorry to see you in this position. I have found some of your posts helpful

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 07:18:39 PM »
i have worked hard at scrubbing my existence from the site, but I can't remove threads that I started, so apparently only a mod can do that. Since I have been told that my posts were condescending, I don't want to further offend anyone, and it appears that when you are attacked, unless you are one of the "chosen", you are left swinging in the wind. Since my post where I apologized was also deleted (by a mod?) I guess that was a good start.
desertR

Hey @desertR thanks saying something.  We want the community to be beneficial for all of our users, so I am saddened to hear our community has impacted you to that extent, for that I am sorry.  Can you shoot me a PM and explain a bit more?  I must have missed something (I do remember some back and forth on a tape measure vs walking off paces and then another post where I vaguely recall the details but believe you mentioned you would rather make than buy something and received a bit of feedback- but I'd like to fully understand your situation please so we can make this a great place for all 250R lovers).  Happy to look into the process of mass thread removal (frankly have not ever done that). 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 07:31:07 PM by havinnoj »

Offline desertR

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 08:33:21 PM »
I received some feedback ? it was not what I'd call feedback, but it's also gone, After I apologized for something that I felt no need to, the entire series got deleted. I'm not going to stay where I'm not wanted, and I'm not going to argue with you or anyone else about this stuff. It's very easy to see whom are the "chosen"here, and I'm not in that group. I've been attacked a couple of times in the past couple months, and just to air on the side of caution, I let it slide, right or wrong it didn't matter, and that is why I apologized, but that fell on deaf ears, as the whole thing disappeared. You are a volunteer, as are the other mods, so I don't want to make more work for you. That is why I have been going thru my posts and removing them but the board won't let me remove the topics that I started, and it says that only a mod/admin can. I don't come on here to be ridiculed, or attacked, and can find other things to do.  Maybe I'll just finish my toy and put it for sale, as it doesn't seem like I have many fans here, i can live with that. I've been a mod before, so I get it. I've been doing this long enough to just say "screw it" Ignore my request, but know that there are holes in them. The only reason I responded at all is my personal email got flagged. By the way, I made a brakeline holder yesterday, took 6 minutes. That is what this whole thing was about.This response took longer.

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 09:31:40 PM »
I received some feedback ? it was not what I'd call feedback, but it's also gone, After I apologized for something that I felt no need to, the entire series got deleted. I'm not going to stay where I'm not wanted, and I'm not going to argue with you or anyone else about this stuff. It's very easy to see whom are the "chosen"here, and I'm not in that group. I've been attacked a couple of times in the past couple months, and just to air on the side of caution, I let it slide, right or wrong it didn't matter, and that is why I apologized, but that fell on deaf ears, as the whole thing disappeared. You are a volunteer, as are the other mods, so I don't want to make more work for you. That is why I have been going thru my posts and removing them but the board won't let me remove the topics that I started, and it says that only a mod/admin can. I don't come on here to be ridiculed, or attacked, and can find other things to do.  Maybe I'll just finish my toy and put it for sale, as it doesn't seem like I have many fans here, i can live with that. I've been a mod before, so I get it. I've been doing this long enough to just say "screw it" Ignore my request, but know that there are holes in them. The only reason I responded at all is my personal email got flagged. By the way, I made a brakeline holder yesterday, took 6 minutes. That is what this whole thing was about.This response took longer.

I just read through the deleted posts again.  You mentioned making said part, and other members commented back with their opinions and how they perceived your comment(s).  Your reply back was nice and you kindly took note of their perspective.  It seemed like the air had been cleared at that point, which was how I read it anyway.  In the era of internet message boards, it may have been the most polite discussion about differing opinions / perspectives.  But sounds like the lack of replies back to you made you think it fell on deaf ears.

The reason the posts were deleted was not against you in any way (nor the other members involved) - simply all of those posts (for everyone in the discussion) were deleted because 1. they detracted from the content of the thread & 2. it seemed like everyone had said their piece and we were all good at that point.  Sounds like that was not the case. 

The community will always be here (as long as I am living :) ) and I have seen meaningful contribution from you over the years, as I'm sure many have (both forum members & from what I can see via Search Engine webmaster tools.  I would hate to see you go but do understand your choice either way. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 10:01:29 PM by havinnoj »

Offline desertR

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 11:38:27 PM »
I've written this a dozen different times, but then decided that it was too harsh. It will probably get removed anyway, so whatever. To the Admin/mods; you say that your community is Important to you and as long as you are alive it will be that way, but you are short sided in your views. While you will say that I'm just one opinion, I'm a vocal one, and there are several (dozens/hundreds) that just say F##k this and leave. I've been gone just short of 2 months and you have done nothing, So I did. While I'm not new to the internet thing,I am new to the treatment, and lack of respect that I have received here. But not to worry, I have figured out how to delete everything that I posted, so my posts are not "condescending" to anyone, even though I was attacked and not given any support to feel as though I was part of this group. To the members here, (new/old) try to blend in, don't post any opinion that might not be for the good of the group, you will be attacked, and left hanging, with no support. There are better ways to spend your time. That is all, I hope everyone is well.
desertR

Offline F-Red

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 10:06:30 AM »
Don't forget to delete this post as well.  ::)
Want To See My Wieners?

Offline Pumashine

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 12:45:58 AM »
I wondered what happen to F Red. I miss his input along with Desert R from time to time. Try to be patient you guys. We need all the experienced R Guru's to wake us up from time to time. Just because  we don't leave positive or negative feedback does not mean we do not appreciate your input on .org.  :)
Puma 408, Puma 431,  Pilot 412, Puma 431, Mini-tooth 486 Trx450r
89mm  Mini tooth Shearer in frame pipe chromed! With Cascade  Q

Offline tosaw

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 08:37:42 PM »
I never had any personal interaction with desertR but I valued his input whenever I saw it. I didn't see the thread that he's talking about but I hope that he will find a way to continue to post here someday.

Offline hickwheeler

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 10:11:48 AM »
Just because people don't agree with you does not mean they are against you. Lots of people disagree with some of my thinking. Well like you it makes me try harder to prove them wrong. But I dont hold it against someone to have a different opinion then me.
88 hybrid 431 puma
88 (BOF Build) stock motor and oem 89 plastics
More in the works

Offline Pumashine

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 12:07:57 PM »
Just because people don't agree with you does not mean they are against you. Lots of people disagree with some of my thinking. Well like you it makes me try harder to prove them wrong. But I dont hold it against someone to have a different opinion then me.
Some guys swear up and down with compression checks ans leak down checks. You spend your time what you like to do I am just going to go ride.  We all ride the 250r, thats good enough for me.
Puma 408, Puma 431,  Pilot 412, Puma 431, Mini-tooth 486 Trx450r
89mm  Mini tooth Shearer in frame pipe chromed! With Cascade  Q

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38