TRX250r.org

Author Topic: zeeltronic ignition  (Read 2963 times)

Offline atvmxr

zeeltronic ignition
« on: February 21, 2022, 04:43:34 PM »
anyone running one?  I just bought it and then will send it along with my stator and flywheel to Dave Moore. 
Bunch of race quads that run on premix

Offline atvmxr

Re: zeeltronic ignition
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 03:02:27 PM »
yeah, when the CR ignition swap was the hot mod, people were pretty much giving the OEM stuff away for free.  I bet alot of flywheels got tossed. 

Offline robjust

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 07:59:59 AM »
atvmxr, I have one from Dave. I have not installed it yet, as Dave is going to Dyno my motor with the 01 CR ignition and then swap it to Zeeltronic. I will keep you posted how it comes out. DRW is making mounts for the Zeel, both Square and Round frame set up.

Offline atvmxr

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 09:12:33 AM »
DMR just posted over the weekend a dyno test with CR, the zeel set to mimic the CR curve, and then a custom map zeel.  The difference between the CR and the Zeel mimicking the CR was pretty significant.  To the point i said thats it, Im ordering it.
I guess he wants to see if he can replicate the same thing again on your motor? 

Yes, I ordered the DRW mount too, but thanks for pointing that out for others that may be following along.  just search "zeel" on the DRW page and both styles pop up

Offline croat1

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 07:12:05 PM »
This is the place to get a Zeeltronic mount.

https://drwperformanceatv.com/

Joe

Offline croat1

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 08:48:06 AM »
This is the US distributor for Zeeltronic:

https://www.fastfromthepast.com/

They are currently sold out. 

Joe

Offline All Stock

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 11:32:17 PM »
Which model would I be looking at for an 85R? 

It looks like maybe the 8 pin early CR250r one.  Not concerned about the connection as I'm building a harness anyway. 

Offline atvmxr

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2022, 10:12:47 AM »
the one thats sold out.  B11T

Offline croat1

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 02:05:54 PM »
Update from DRW:  ZEELTRONIC UPDATE

We received the zeels in this past Wednesday, but before we get to the current state of ship ability let me explain the changes since Dave was doing these. First we changed the actual cdi number from a b11t to the b10t which is the same cdi minus TPS which is unused on the 250r. also we will not be rewinding stators or floating them here, instead ricks stator out of Michigan is making new stators pre-floated so there will not be any type of brain surgery required. Also the stators will come with a DMR/MODQUAD stator plate. So this will be a plug and play kit with no modifications required.

Also you will not need to order anything from anyone else as the kits will be sold as a full bolt on kit just like a hpi and the cr ignition conversions.

These will use the oem harness for the kill switch/key and headlights if you want to use them. You can also plug your tether directly into the zeel harness and not use the oem harness at all if you do not want headlights or anything else. So this will double as a delete harness or as a plug in to factory and use the oem functionality.

Now to where we are now.
We have the Zeeltronic b10t in hand and are working to wire and program the 50 we have here. We are still waiting on the stator plates from modquad and that should be 2 weeks before they are here, and we are also waiting on the stators from ricks since we have completed testing on the test pair they sent to us. Those should be here in 3 weeks.

As of this time I am 3 weeks out on having everything ready to ship.
I have 6 off them accounted for with Dave needing some and one local that is patiently waiting. This first batch will be sold THROUGH the DRW website however they will be posted in a hidden tab and I will post the direct link once they are ready. Once the initial batch is ready to ship we will do another batch of 50 as soon as we can. Once the sales stabilize the link will be changed to public and then I will have no control over the order in which they are sold.

The final list price for the full kit will be $550 plus $10 in shipping.

This is ment to be a update and inform everyone that is wanting a zeel setup that you don’t need to buy the pieces individually.

Offline croat1

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 08:55:47 AM »
Available for purchase

They are up on the DRW site. Here is the direct link.

https://drwperformanceatv.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=239

Online bushwesl

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 07:35:26 AM »
Since the Zeel comes programmed with two maps, Map 1: 86 250R and Map 2: 01 CR250, and does not include the map switch, how are you guys wiring these up?

Specifically, if I only want Map 2, what do I need to do?

I asked Weston on his FB post and was confused by his response. He said that the Zeel’s default is Map 1 and to get to Map 2 you need to run a switch to wire the green stripe wire to the ground. His response may make more sense with one in sitting in front of you, which I don’t.

I guess I’m confused on this ‘map switch’. Do I need an actual toggle switch? Or can I wire it in such a way that it’s setup for Map 2 only?

Offline hickwheeler

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 12:35:47 PM »
So sounds pretty easy to get map 2. You just need to run the green stripe wire to ground. No switch needed.
88 hybrid 431 puma
88 (BOF Build) stock motor and oem 89 plastics
More in the works

Offline atvmxr

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2022, 03:07:23 PM »
got my zeel installed on my mostly OEM 88 this weekend.  This is the first gen run of the zeels that I bought from Dave Moore.    noticeable improvement in low end response.  Overall power is probably improved, but my butt dyno isnt very accurate. 
The improvement seems to be more noticeable than my LSR when I swapped from OEM to the 01 CR ignition this spring, especially in the low-mid power. 

If I understand correctly, this would be map 2 on the DRW zeel setup. 

installation was a breeze. 
Used the DRW performance zeel mount to put the CDI on the frame rail behind the radiator.  Same frame rail the coil mounts on. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 03:12:47 PM by atvmxr »

Online bushwesl

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2023, 09:16:02 PM »
I’ve installed my Zeel, but haven’t fully wired it in just yet because I’m waiting to figure out the maps first. I ended up getting the programming cable to see exactly what maps are  programmed on mine. Has anyone else looked into their maps? Can you share what you have? Are there any adjustments/improvements you would recommend? @atvmxr? @robjust?

At one point I read that there was improved start up settings as well as improved CR maps.

Map 1 is supposed to be TRX250R and Map 2 is supposed to be 01 CR250 - see attached maps and settings straight from DRW.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 09:31:53 PM by bushwesl »

Offline atvmxr

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2023, 11:29:23 AM »
im just running whatever it came with.  do not have cable or maps

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38