TRX250r.org

Author Topic: LED is hiring  (Read 708 times)

Online croat1

LED is hiring
« on: December 26, 2022, 01:06:18 PM »
Sharing……

Currently LED is looking to hire a full time fabricator/welder to assist in the manufacturing of 2-stroke exhausts and intake systems. While prior experience is beneficial, it isn’t necessarily required. On the job training can be provided to the right candidate.

Job Summary:

Regularly fabricate high quality two stroke exhaust and intake systems:
Accurately cut, roll, and form individual cone sections from stainless or mild steel sheet metal.
Accurately fit and weld individual cone sections together using TIG and oxygen-acetylene torch.
Ensure proper fitment of completed exhaust system onto ATV or off-road motorcycle.
Manage flow of work orders through fabrication department to ensure on time delivery of customer products.
Build standardized exhaust systems from existing patterns.
Fabricate custom and one off exhaust systems to ensure proper fitment and performance design.
Machine additional parts such as exhaust cups and brackets.
Perform daily cleanup of shop and workspace:
Sweep floors and dispose scrape material.
Clean tools such as band saws, drill presses, mills, and lathes.
Reposition ATVs as necessary.
The ideal candidate possesses or is willing to learn the following: 

Operation of basic measuring tools such as digital micrometers.
Operation of machine shop equipment such as drill presses, mills, lathes, and band saws.
Layout of shapes on sheet metal.
Accurately cut shapes from sheet metal with handheld electric sheers.
Form and roll cones from sheet metal.
Accurately fit cone sections together for welding.
Welding with TIG welder.
Welding with oxygen-acetylene torch.
Weld 20 gauge steel and mild steel sheet metal.
Aluminum welding.
Maintain a neat and organized work area.
Perform basic maintenance on various shop tools.
Interest in off-road motorcycles and ATVs.
Strong work ethic.
Willing to work overtime as needed.
Strong desire and willingness to learn.
Not all experience is required, willing to train the right candidate.
Benefits:

Paid vacation.
Discount on off road motorcycle and ATV parts and accessories.
Earn commission off each exhaust produced.
Please contact Arlan at 503-522-2465 or arlan@ledperformanceengines.com or stop by if you are interested

Offline The norm

Re: LED is hiring
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 05:23:19 PM »
Man that would be a fun job... I wonder what it pays....
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering 391(Good bye super 310)
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering  ported stock 86 cylinder
1986 Trx250r-- craigslist engine with unknown ported 89 cylinder.
1985 Atc250r-- Needs a lot of work (Super 310's new home)

Online croat1

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 12:40:14 PM »
Congratulations to PDXTRX (Jason Moore) on your new employment at LED.

With great excitement I am honored to announce that I have accepted the position of 2-stroke exhaust pipe builder at LED Performance Engines .
Arlan Lehman is world reknown for his incredible ATV performance engine building and is an incredible human. His knowledge of 2 stroke engines is unparalleled and the countless championships are testament to a man who has mastered his craft. Truly a class act. 
I grew up on Honda ATC and TRX250Rs and their high octane fuel courses through my veins. I have loved and lost many 250Rs over the years so being surrounded by them and making badass performance parts for them is a dream..........I am home.

In the past few weeks I have lost sleep, skin, patience and had to ground myself almost daily. 2-stroke pipes are the hardest thing I have EVER fabricated. This position comes with great honor.  I am blessed to be learning a dying art and pushing my personal boundaries as a welder and fabricator.
Super thanks to Kc Reed for all his patience, understand and willingness to share and teach his craft. He's a master that has set the bar very high for me. I will make you proud.  I promise.

For now things are a struggle. But each day I walk away from the workbench a little wiser, a little more confident and I will be in relentless pursuit of perfection.

Let the new obsession commence!!

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 05:21:16 PM »
So cool to see Jason in the 250R game again, for anyone wondering... here's one of his R builds from WAY BACK: 
https://www.atvriders.com/qotm/quad-of-the-month-2009-04-red-black-250r-qotm-atv.html

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38