TRX250R.ORG
General => Pics and Vids => Topic started by: nico on September 11, 2013, 04:45:05 PM
-
I lucked on to this camper (on craigslist while searching for something else) recently and am proud to start using it for my next dune trip... It's a 7x14 utility trailer, which converts to have a shade, then after snapping/zipping on the sides, turns into a tent/camper. With the AC blowing, it held 60-degrees Saturday night, and takes less than 30 minutes to set up or take down, including the ramp/porch and carpet. The entire setup was built by a retired couple who do engineering and upholstery work for Voyager sailboats, so the quality and design are top notch, and all the canvas stores in a custom made duffle bag.
Let me know what you think, or items you'd add before going to the dunes.
-
I must say that's pretty unique... very cool man!!! all you need is a cot or an air mattress.. haha ohhh and make sure you put something under the air mattress so no splinters pop it.. "happened to me before" my excuse "I was drunk" haha good luck on that trailer bro..
-
Looks sweet. You wish you had a cover on your trailer in the parking lot at the dunes. I have the same trailer, I could see it now.
-
Very cool idea. A cross of a tent and a pontoon boat enclosure.
-
ill bet in a few years we will see these go mainstream.
-
Thanks for the idea! That is awesome!
-
That is a very good idea. I never stopped but there was something kind of like this at the outfitter store in my town. I believe it was called a Jumping Jack or something like that. It was basically a trailer that converted to like a pop up camper. Both very neat ideas. Nice find man!
-
Thanks for all the compliments! I'm looking forward to using only the top on day trips, and also being able to put my bike inside if it needs more serious wrenching away from home. I've also seen similar ideas, but never one exactly the same. Now, I just need to add a 110 outlet to the existing battery/inverter/lighting system.
-
I lime it that is awesome and cool, and perfect for the dunes man. Great find
-
And if you turn it upside down you can go fishing:)