TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Lounge  (Read 4342 times)

Offline Meat

Lounge
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:52:51 PM »
I have some questions about what topics are forbidden in the lounge. What are the rules if the thread topic itself wasn't about politics or religions or smokin' weed but the conversation shifts because someone brings up their religion or their politics or smokin' crack cocaine ? Can we discuss those topics in that scenario ?  Can you elaborate on what is 'socially acceptable' to one person but not 'socially acceptable' to another person and how the moderators will decide on which topics are allowed to be discussed.  Can we criticize in the Lounge ?

Offline Pumashine

Lounge
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 11:32:06 PM »
You agreed to the rules. http://trx250r.org/misc.php?do=showrules  Your going to do what you want anyway. Go ahead, make my day.
Puma 408, Puma 431,  Pilot 412, Puma 431, Mini-tooth 486 Trx450r
89mm  Mini tooth Shearer in frame pipe chromed! With Cascade  Q

Offline Meat

Lounge
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 11:36:27 PM »
Quote from: Pumashine;976
You agreed to the rules. http://trx250r.org/misc.php?do=showrules  Your going to do what you want anyway. Go ahead, make my day.

Forum: Administration/Moderator Questions
Got a question for admins or mods? Post it here.

I do not deserve this intimidation and ask the admin to stop this harassment. For cryin out loud the forum is two days old and your moderator is already threatening a member.  I asked legitimate questions. I request that they are taken seriously.

Offline Pumashine

Lounge
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 11:38:30 PM »
Quote from: Meat;977
I request that they are taken seriously.
I request you go away.

Offline Meat

Lounge
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 12:00:40 AM »
Quote from: spiritaces;985
Although I realize that my description may have been vague, let's face it, we should all know what I mean. If you have to think about whether something you're posting or talking about is inappropriate, then it probably is. Lets not do this. We should not be discussing something as petty as this. Discuss what you want and if myself, motofool250r, pumashine, and/or other members find it offensive, then we will cross this bridge. Until then lets have a good time and focus on why we are all here, 250R's.

Great reply.  I have to disagree about it being petty and the wrong time to discuss it. I think at the beginning of the forum's life might be the best time to discuss it and also there's a bigger issue at hand and not just those coupla forbidden topics.  It concerns the overall direction of the forum.  And that is censorship vs free speech.  And I'd love to have that conversation here with everyone and hear everyones opinions but I get the feeling that the moderators don't like suggestion or any criticism.  Where as I see a spirited debate, others see authoritarianism and I'm afraid the members here will be stifled by over moderation.

Offline Meat

Lounge
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 12:17:28 AM »
Quote from: spiritaces;996
This is the place to talk about non 250r related topics. Please be  respectful to what you post. Always remember that topics such as  politics, religion, anything illegal, or anything that society deems as  unacceptable should be avoided.

Above is what I posted under lounge description. You may talk about whatever you like, I only pointed out some topics that SHOULD be avoided. I never said that they were forbidden. It was simply a helpful guideline. Should you choose to talk about these topics, feel free, but you should note that they can get out of hand fast. When said topics get out of hand, be warned that they can be removed. Who decides what gets removed? Well depending on the context of the conversation an admin or moderator may remove, but generally heated discussions are not going to be exiled because one or two people find them offensive, we are taking a holistic approach to them sort of matters.

As the motto states: If you haven't heard of utilitarianism, look it up, cuz that's our motto

Right on.  I don't plan on starting topics on anything in that forbidden list. I like clarification and I understand the 'avoided' word.  I like talkin' about politics and religion so if the subjects are brought  up I didn't know if we were allowed to continue that conversation or what.

Offline Meat

Lounge
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 02:17:53 PM »
Concerning the Lounge again, different topic tho.  I see there's all kind of forum sub categories but people are just postin their question in the Lounge. The very first line in the description of the Lounge is "This is the place to talk about non 250r related topics."  Its the start of a massive disorganization that I feel harms the forum.  I'm not suggesting scolding the OP's who post in the wrong sub-forum, I'm suggesting that the moderators actively move topics to the correct sub-forum.

Offline Polonda

Lounge
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 02:33:18 PM »
You deserve some rest!  Been busting your :q8z8M: on the site till all hours in the morning.

Offline Pumashine

Lounge
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 03:53:24 PM »
Quote from: Meat;1481
Concerning the Lounge again,
Good catch there Denny!:sign0027:

Offline Meat

Lounge
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 04:50:03 PM »
Thanks guys.

Offline Fear250r

Lounge
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
I'm with Denny as far as keeping everything R related, engine, suspension, etc...into their sub sections.  I also couldn't stand when people constantly posted stuff in the lounge when there is clearly a section dedicated to that particular subject.  Some were infamous for doing this...
In house hybrid ball buster

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38