TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Flat track in NJ area  (Read 5963 times)

Offline wretched73

Flat track in NJ area
« on: September 30, 2013, 06:37:18 PM »
I live in central NJ and I am curious where close by I can race flat track on my 250r. I am debating on going out and trying to compete next season and I am looking for information. Thanks guys

Offline C-Leigh Racing

Flat track in NJ area
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 01:20:40 PM »
I dont know of any places in NJ, but if you could drive a little ways & would try out TT racing, theres North East Extreme Dirt Track series & the Western New York Extreme Dirt Track.
We include in our AMA EDT series a track at Batavia NY, right beside I-90 between Buffalo & Rochester NY.
Contact Eric Jennings of the NEEDT & see where their tracks are located.
Neil
C-Leigh Racing, in memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
Race team for 2015
Chuckie Creech #25 TRX450R, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited
Andrea Creech # 25 TRX450R, Womens (National ATVA EDT)
Andrea Creech #33 TRX350R, Womens (local EDT)

If it aint got a hot weed eater 2 stroke engine, all its good for is a pit bike

Offline wretched73

Flat track in NJ area
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 07:16:52 PM »
Batavia NY is over 5 hours from me. That is a bit out of the way haha but thank you for your input. I will look into the other series

EDIT- the NEEDT series seems to have a couple tracks within a couple miles of my home. I will look into them more (rules and other tracks etc)

Thank you very much for your input, Its much appreciated

Offline C-Leigh Racing

Flat track in NJ area
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:26:22 PM »
Humm, 5 hours would be nice for us when going to Batavia, but is like a 11 hour run when we go.
Still not as long of a ride as the races we have at OK or SD, thats like a 18 hour ride to OK & then 26 hour ride to SD, that one way. Any of this traveling to races makes me feel like I'm a truck driver again, except I'm not beating myself to get there or get home, when tired, I'm stopping somewhere.
Neil
Race team for 2015

Offline wretched73

Flat track in NJ area
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »
That certainly takes a lot of dedication. Its sad you have to travel so far, back 20 years ago you could race two or three times a weekend if everything was scheduled right

Offline C-Leigh Racing

Flat track in NJ area
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 11:56:56 AM »
Quote from: wretched73;13761
That certainly takes a lot of dedication. Its sad you have to travel so far, back 20 years ago you could race two or three times a weekend if everything was scheduled right

Yes, it takes a lot of that, you've got to really love the sport or be mighty dumb & not know how to quit.
I remember those days years ago, like a three day deal, pull out Friday night, TT race Saturday night, change the quad over before you leave that track, sleep in the van & then go MX racing on Sunday. Been many times, pull up to work Monday morning with van & trailer & go right to work, but be one tared puppy by days end & like couple days to recoop. Crazy part, love it enough to do the same thing the next weekend.
I've done some racing in my life, been had something to do with it since 10 & I'm 62 now & still aint got sense enough to let it go.
Neil
Race team for 2015

Offline JoePA

Flat track in NJ area
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 12:13:05 PM »
Once it's in your blood its hard to let go...or ever let go! Its when you love every aspect of it from racing, wrenching, coaching and can't forget saving and spending...its the ultimate high!

Back on topic. I was looking for a place close to race some TT and there is a track up near the Pocono's, think Stroudsburg, PA, but they only race one time there during the year. We have a BUNCH of dirt track that micro stocks race on and can't see why they don't have a quad class. maybe something to persue??

Offline wretched73

Flat track in NJ area
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »
I have a friend who races crate sportsman and I help him very often. Its really addicting but car racing is too expensive for my wallet.

But it would be interesting to see some other tracks that run micro sprints run quads. The two dirt tracks in new jersey would likely be too big for quads

Offline Iceracer

Flat track in NJ area
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »
You can check out a place called Borgers. Its a flat track.  As for TT NEEDT series is where its at. Some of the top pros and young up and coming riders there.

Offline C-Leigh Racing

Flat track in NJ area
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 09:17:31 AM »
Ice, the best I know NEEDT has a website, but I've never been to it that I remember. I know Eric has a site for his graffic & trophy business, EJS Graffics I think it is.
I've not heard anything else from wretched, so dont know if hes following this thread he started or not.
He may have joined us at some races, I couldnt say, but I met a bunch of new faces this season, with a bunch of them being the three wheel riders.
Neil
Race team for 2015

Offline wretched73

Flat track in NJ area
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 07:30:48 PM »
I'm still following, just been hung up working (I work retail, getting ready for black friday). I will look into Borgers, I know a few friends of mine have raced go-karts there and have heard its a good track. I haven't gone to any flat track races as of yet, to spectate or race

Edit: Just went on their website, they're an asphalt track, I'm pretty sure when my friends have run, which was probably 10 years ago, they were dirt.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38