TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Shock rebuild cost and recommendations  (Read 4676 times)

Offline Fear250r

Shock rebuild cost and recommendations
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »
Looking to get my axis shocks, fronts and rear rebuilt.  It's been a while and I'm pretty sure they're due.

Anybody got any recommendations for shops?  

And what does it generally cost?

Thanks
In house hybrid ball buster

Offline rablack21

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »
There are two places that I highly recommend. Yes, you could send back to Axis, but I think that Maul Tech Atv and Quinn Motosports does just as good a job as Axis, just cheaper. It also kind of depends where in the country you are and how long you want to wait on them. Can you give a little more info Fear? Where are you located? How soon you need them back? Also, you just getting them serviced or need to be revalved or resprung or both?

Offline JoePA

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:07:11 PM »
Axis is fine if your are just going to get them freshend up. Micah Is the man and excellet to talk to. I needed a part so I met him at the shop and he showed me around..... Excellent customer service.

I just sent my Axis to Andy at maul tech and after all the measurements he had me take and our conversation on the phone, I KNOW they will be set up properly this time.

Offline Rupp250

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 12:39:22 PM »
Why not support a site sponsor?

http://www.schmidtyracing.com/

I really think we need to support those who support us. I also think Maultech is a sponsor.
DRAG- Puma in a Ziggy Chassis
TRAIL -86  250R ported stock cylinder
DUNER -86 250R  Flinstone

Offline Fear250r

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 12:52:06 PM »
Thanks for the response guys.

Ryan, I'm in Rhode Island. Quad is stuck in the garage at my apt house. Probably wont touch it till it starts to warm up a bit. I believe they just need to be freshened up, however, I wouldn't mind talking with something to make sure they are set up right.

Dan, what is the PRS you speak of?

Offline Tbone07

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »
GThunder received my 3 shocks on Monday. I had them at my doorstep on Thursday at noon.
LED Performance 350R
Laegers-JD Performance-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Laz

Offline trx88

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 02:20:04 PM »
schmidtys good.

Offline pinned250r

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »
As far as just freshening them up, there is a guy out of Grand Rapids MI that does it for like $40/shock, even does the air's and float's. Doest valve it for you, but replace seals, etc.
I ride PINNED! Therefore, no bdt in this household.

Offline Fear250r

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 06:05:52 PM »
Quote from: danhung11;25961
 I would offer you to ride my bikes, but I understand you are the in house hybrid ball buster and wouldn't want you to become addicted to the 4-stroke power. LOL!!!

Don't worry.  I wouldn't.  

Hahaha!!

Thank you Dan for the heads up on that.

I'll have to start shooting out some emails.  The weather, especially the ridiculous amounts of snow we seem to be getting lately isn't really motivating me to do much right now...

Offline Leftynanners

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 10:40:13 PM »
I used Schmidty and he's great.

I tried contacting Race Tech to rebuild/revalve a rear Ohlins shock since they're about 5 minutes away from me. They told me they couldn't revalve it unless they installed one of their gold valves. According to the person I spoke with, I have to buy a $500 OEM shock conversion... to revalve an aftermarket shock :sign0065:

Offline wilkin250r

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 01:35:23 AM »
I'm in a similar situation.  I've got a set of front Custom Axis shocks, I need to buy a rear and then have them revalved/resprung for my weight and riding style.

Anybody got a Custom Axis rear for sale?

Offline wilkin250r

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 01:40:51 AM »
I'm in a similar situation.  I've got a set of front Custom Axis shocks, I need to buy a rear and then have them revalved/resprung for my weight and riding style.

Anybody got a Custom Axis rear for sale?

Offline fearlessfred

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 03:34:30 PM »
Im gonna give schmidty a try ,when I go to do some works a guy gave me,he is a 250r rider and sponsor .he comes on here at times and answers questions,but it seems the legit businesses refrain from coming on here and saying there the best.kudos to all our sponsors

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38