TRX250r.org

Author Topic: 2014 NEEDT Nationals  (Read 13106 times)

Offline Black Sheep

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« on: May 28, 2014, 05:33:02 PM »
For the 2014 season the NEEDT has full National series and three wheelers will be at every round. This will be the first true sanctioned National series for 3 wheelers since 1986/7.

Dates and locations

Rd 1 May 10- Kinston Fairgrounds NC
Rd 2 June 7-Pine Lake OH
Rd 3 June 8-Pine Lake OH
Rd 4 August 2- Freedom Speedway NY
Rd 5 September 13- Black Ankle  NC

For more info go to
http://m.needtracing.com/site/mobile...etwork=fw#2122

NEEDT is pumped to have us and gave us some coverage in their pamphlets.

They even printed up a special waiver for us with a little humor thrown in.

Since TPC Trikes is putting up the holeshot award you know I'm fighting hard for it...lol

Heat race gate. From L to R

82 Josh Marshall, 81 Mac Moore, 08 Justin Magee, 66 Matt Kemp, 1 myself, * 113 Doug Crossway, 98 Ralph Gillikin, 602 Matt Bills. (not pictured Jeremy Craig)

Rounds 2 & 3 are coming up June 7th (round 2) and June 8th (round 3) at Pine Lake Raceway Ashtabula.

Offline etccb

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 06:21:02 PM »
Looking good. Too bad hoosier couldn't bust out the old trike tt front mold for a run.

Offline The_Steve_Man

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 07:30:44 PM »
Them things are dangerous. People fall off of them.
Looks like you have a good thing going Bill.
We made a good showing in sikeston.

Offline Black Sheep

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 07:50:53 PM »
Quote from: The_Steve_Man;35155
Them things are dangerous. People fall off of them.
Looks like you have a good thing going Bill.
We made a good showing in sikeston.

Yes, We started out small last year and it just keeps growing. The first race in NC was a good turnout and they are already talking of adding more local races...just what we were hoping to inspire them to do. The Ashtabula Rounds are looking to have our largest turnout yet. 7 guys are in the points hunt.

Really wanted to make Sikeston. Billy has been after me for years and we were all set to go but, people bailed on us because of the Holiday. Had the rain not caused the reschedule we would have been there. Glad to see you guys had a good turnout without us. Hopefully it will grow. We will get there someday for sure!

Offline kb250r

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 10:12:25 PM »
I am getting my bike set up to join the trike crowd,I have done a little research and made a few calls trying to understanding the whole tt thing as I have never raced on a track in my life,but I'm in...I can get smoked and handle the smack talk cause i know its coming..,I've been following the tike threads here a while.. im getting  parts together to get set up for tt racing, i plan to run a race to see what I think before I spend a bunch of money... an I'm sure my setup will not be ideal or correct because i will be pretty much useing what i have lying around to set up so go easy on smack talk about set up...So unless they don't let me race for some reason(rules) I'll see you guys at black ankle,nc hope I'm welcome

Kenny
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:56:01 PM by kb250r »
Atc - 350 6mill
Atc - 350 4mill
Trx - 431 puma

Engineered by C-Leigh Racing

Offline Black Sheep

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 11:59:29 PM »
Kenny,

Looking forward to seeing you at the races. Don't worry about the smack talk, we usually leave the new guys alone, unless they come up with some crazy story...lol...Don't worry to much about set up until you know you really want to do it. For a first timer i would just try to find some used lawnmower tires, Size 18x9.5x8, for your first time. Should be able to find a set real cheap. Once you get hooked, then you can worry about lowering the trike and other set up tricks. No big secrets we all help each other with set ups.

As long as you have helmet, eye protection, gloves, long sleeve shirt, long pants, over the ankle boots and a teather switch you're good to go. A front and rear number plate should also be a minimum. Fender numbers are more for looks as the score keepers can rarely even see them.

Offline kb250r

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 10:30:36 AM »
Sorry Bill I mis-read the thread,just noticed this is the 2014 schedule...I am getting parts together as we speak to try and catch a race..Where are the next up an coming races this year..I should be ready to run a race first of July..
Atc - 350 6mill
Atc - 350 4mill
Trx - 431 puma

Engineered by C-Leigh Racing

Offline Black Sheep

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 02:03:41 PM »
There are several races in July from MX to TT. All depends on if you want to travel or not. We will be at Black Ankle in Sept.  I do know some of the guys in your area are trying to build off what we did last month so hopefully you will get some more local races going.

Offline traxman

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 06:39:16 PM »
Bill will you please post race results here, because as we all know if XXX loses it automatically gets twisted and or deleted all together on the other sight. I like reading about the races and seeing "his" defeat but can't stand being on that sight filled with all his crap and his pom pommers..

Offline Black Sheep

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »
No problem, just go easy on me I had a rough race round 1...lol...I copied the post from the TPC Trikes message board.

Round one is in the Books!!! The competition is getting tougher and it will be a lot harder to defend my #1 Plate then it was to earn it. Ironclad raceway did a great job on the track. One of the best ones I've raced on. Big Thanks to NEEDT for making trikes a part of their program. Our crew got there late so we missed first practice. we got a 3 lap practice and they also gave us a two laps before our heat to check the track out as they just watered it before. I guess they did not want us slipping all over the place...lol

Heat Race results:

1st Mac Moore
2nd Bill Casey
3rd Matt Bills
4th Josh Marshall
5th Doug Crossway
6th Matt Kemp
7th Ralph Gillikin
8th Justin Magee
9th Jeremy Craig

The main event was INTENSE!!! Three way battle for the lead for first few laps with multiple lead changes between Mac, Josh, and myself. You could have thrown a blanket over us those laps. By mid race I was having problems with third gear jumping out and managed to salvage a third place finish. Josh stalled it and could not restart and got 7th. Matt B. was able to capitalize and moved into 2nd. Mac Moore was able to hold on for the win.

Main event Results

1st Mac Moore
2nd Matt Bills
3rd Bill Casey
4th Doug Crossway
5th Matt Kemp
6th Justin Magee
7th Josh Marshall
8th Ralph Gillikin (DNF)
9th Jeremy Craig (DNF)

Points after round 1

Mac Moore...............30
Matt Bills.................25
Bill Casey.................21
Doug Crossway.........18
Matt Kemp...............16
Justin Magee............15
Josh Marshall............14

Offline Black Sheep

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 12:45:39 AM »
Teaser pic for what's coming up this weekend!!!

Online croat1

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »
^^^^awesome pic Black Sheep!!!  is this the race that the West Coast guys are coming to?

Offline Black Sheep

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 01:14:41 PM »
No, the race(s) this weekend are rounds 2 & 3 of the NEEDT National series. The west coast guys are coming to the AMA EDT race in July. Both events are at Ashtabula.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:42:15 PM by Black Sheep »

Offline C-Leigh Racing

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 01:47:20 PM »
So you liked that Kinston track Bill ?.
TT racing is all about high speed & power sliding & that is what I had in mind when building it. Option lanes are little tight for my liking, but its 20' wide on both lanes & the rule book only calls for 20' wide track altogether. Some tracks, option lanes will only be a path, maybe 5~8' wide.
One thing I learned there, at our local East Coast race after the North East race, put over 20 loads of water down from little after 12:00 noon till 4:30 that evening & about the forth lap of practice in the first class out it was dust blowing. We got to soap it or put some calisum on it so it will hold water.
Now when the sun went down, everybody was two wheeling in the corners it was so tight.
Neil
C-Leigh Racing, in memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
Race team for 2015
Chuckie Creech #25 TRX450R, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited
Andrea Creech # 25 TRX450R, Womens (National ATVA EDT)
Andrea Creech #33 TRX350R, Womens (local EDT)

If it aint got a hot weed eater 2 stroke engine, all its good for is a pit bike

Offline Black Sheep

2014 NEEDT Nationals
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »
As an old beat up MX'r I love all TT tracks...lol.

Seriously though for the most part I liked it but, I do agree with you that the option lanes were a little tight for my liking but I dealt with them ok. There was one corner I struggled with all night, it was a tight 180* with the hump in the apex of the turn. Then again it could have been because we were up all day the day before building a bike, drove 12 hrs then raced and I was little tired by then....lol.  All in all I loved the racing and the surface itself was great for the trikes. Coming down the front straight and backing into the first turn was a riot. Matt, the guy behind me in the pic, was asking me how I was doing that. Just turn before you get to the turn I told him. ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38