TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Another throttle post......  (Read 1258 times)

Offline The norm

Another throttle post......
« on: July 26, 2021, 11:17:23 PM »
Evening friends,  while riding this weekend I learned that I possibly have carpol tunnel. My right hand and wrist started to ache after about 20 minutes of riding. Then my wrist started to swell! A good friend that was with us went through similar issues and had to have surgery.
So before I go down that rabbit hole I want to try a different throttle.  I am leaning toward a twist throttle, but am not sure yet.
I have a motion pro and a magura twist throttle already, but do not have the cables to go with.
So my first question is,  what motion pro cable do I need to run either of those ?

My second question is, who has tried the moose dual gasser throttle?
Pro and cons???

Last question,  will the urmosi throttle do anything to help me with the hand pain?

Please throw out any of your thoughts! I need to have this figured out by the trx250r takeover!

Thanks Loren
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering 391(Good bye super 310)
1986 Trx250r-- Hybrid Engineering  ported stock 86 cylinder
1986 Trx250r-- craigslist engine with unknown ported 89 cylinder.
1985 Atc250r-- Needs a lot of work (Super 310's new home)

Offline croat1

Re: Another throttle post......
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 12:40:28 AM »
Loren, I too have been thinking of throttles.  I’m thinking this might be a good setup:
Trx250r throttle using a trx90 lever.  New cable with a lighter slide spring.

Joe

Offline croat1

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 12:42:03 AM »
Sorry I can’t answer any of your other questions.  Ryan does have an Urmosi.

Joe

Offline 2ndmoto

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 01:33:29 AM »
I run a twist off a KTM. It's made by magura. Quarter twist and I love it. Motion pro has a cable for it. I think they call them universal cables. They list a length, twist and carb to size them.

Look up 01-0227.

Offline Action69

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 10:28:11 AM »
Loren I was running into similar issues riding my cr250’s a couple of things that helped me were evs wrister gloves they have a hard plastic plate that is in the glove and it runs from your wrist to your knuckles,the second was flexx bars.I went to an orthopedist due to soreness,inflammation and numbness/tingling.he attributed my issues to my riding ,after using those gloves and flexx bars my issues diminished quite a bit.I hope this helps and you feel better..

Offline Michael88R

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 12:19:08 AM »
Like Joe I don’t have answers to your questions but I know motion pro was pretty helpful for finding the right cable back in the day.  Tell him what carb what Quad and what throttle and they tell you what cable you need.  I can second what Joe said about the TRX 90 throttle lever.  I use it in a 04’ 450 throttle on my 06’ 450 and it works great.  It’s got a weird little dog leg in it but it doesn’t bother me.  It’s got quite a bit more leverage.  Are used a motion pro turbo throttle for years and it always work trying too.  Twist never bothered me.  Ran one for years.  Seems like I saw some negatives on the dual gasser but not sure.  Desert racing teams tried them to accommodate different riders.  My wife works on a computer all day and her carpal tunnel flares up from time to time but usually gets better after wearing a brace for a while.  Maybe there’s a fix that doesn’t require surgery.  Maybe the mrs can help.  Stop jerking it! 

Couldn’t resist. Ha ha.
88’ R Esr 350 CEO, Esr trx5 pipe
88’ R Esr ported stock cylinder, waiting for rebuild when my son gets a little older

Offline havinnoj

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 04:18:45 PM »
Urmosi.  100%. 

I've used the Moose (which is a rebranded Terry Cable throttle IMO) - which was/is a great throttle.  Easier pull than OEM, better parts.  However, I had to shorten the vertical shaft since the lever sat "down" too far. 

I bought an Urmosi for the spare bike, the bearings and adjustability sold me on it.  Perfect for when chicks would ride the bike and I didn't want to hear about thumb fatigue.  It worked.  It worked so well, I loved it so much, I bought another one for my R.  I'd would consider this as the best thumb throttle option.  You will need to tell Robert @ Urmosi if you have a carb larger than 38mm and he will machine out a little extra area inside the housing to open all the way. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38