TRX250r.org

Author Topic: Bent swingarm or frame???  (Read 635 times)

Offline Goose

Bent swingarm or frame???
« on: January 30, 2022, 10:32:18 PM »
Alright guys, so I have an 86 and it sits roughly 1-1.5” lower on the LH side bottom frame tube. (Trying to remember tore it apart 6-8 months ago) I tore the thing down cause I’m going to gusset the frame and have it powdered. (Lower subframe has hardline crack) but I want to get it figured out before this so it’s not “stuck” in this position if it’s the frame. You can see it in the bars, subframe, seat tank, definitely noticeable the whole quad looks like it’s got a gangsta lean….cause you know 250rs are gangster and everything hahahaha

So what kindof makes me think it’s the swingarm is, I cranked the LH front shock spring preload ring down about as far as I could (springs were almost binding) and backed off the Rh spring ring and it was still lower on the LH side. Granted this doesn’t rule out the frame being bent but my thought process leads me to think it’s the swingarm.
I threw the frame on a big metal table to measure it but i flipped it over And realized the factory weld has a “ball” on it making it sit crooked so I then tried to set it on some 2x4 metal tubing but couldn’t find any points on the frame that were more then 1/16” off.

Any place you guys would suggest to measure maybe I’m over looking?

Setup is stock frame and swingarm houser +3 LT a-arms is what I was told. They have houser stickers but they’re stickers so I’m not exactly sure hahahaha
I’d like to get this figured out so I can get the ball rolling on this thing and have it done before summer.

Thanks in advance to any one with ideas.

Offline broken1

Re: Bent swingarm or frame???
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 11:20:39 PM »
Got any pics?

Offline Goose

Re: Bent swingarm or frame???
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 08:32:21 PM »
Unfortunately I don’t, I can definitely throw it back together and take some if it’ll help. It’s basically stripped down to the frame now. But I’ll throw it back together and take some sometime this week.

Just kindof has me thrown for a loop a little cause I believe I’ve measured everywhere that would throw it off.

The swingarm was about 1” higher on the left off the bench when I measured it vs the right. I ran a level across it then measured at the mounting point center lines but I’m not sure how the swingarm would twist Like that without there being a noticeable twist in the tube or kink or something obvious.

I’ve been looking for a -1 swingarm here and there but haven’t found one other then new. Figured I that would definitely rule out the swingarm but like I said and I’m sure you know 86/7 stuff isn’t as available as 8/9 stuff.  And I ride a little bit of everything so don’t want one that’s gonna come apart if I ride a track or possibly smack a tree in the woods hahahahaha

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38